Can you say what is best from these?

barebonesLP

Reaction score
I was just looking at these 3 Epiphone Les Pauls. European prices go from 600 to 800 dollars. All look good to me. What do you pro people think:

Epiphone Joe Bonamassa LTD Edition

Epiphone Joe Bonamassa LTD Edition Les Paul Goldtop Outfit E-Guitar, Signature, thomann worldwide limited of 1000pcs., Mahogany Body, Maple top, Mahogany Neck, Rounded D-Profile 1959 Shape, Deep-Set, Rosewood Fretboard, Trapeze Inlays, 22 Medium Frets, Scale 628mm, Gibson USA Burstbucker T3 and Burstbucker T2 Humbucker Pickups, LockTone Tune-o-matic Bridge, Stopbar, Grover Tuners, Nickel Hardware, Finish thomann Metallic Gold, incl. Lifton-Style Case, Hand-Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Epiphone Straplocks

Epiphone Joe Bonamassa LTD Edition - Thomann Verkkokauppa

564€ (Costs 741 dollars)

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III FC

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III FC electric guitar, Chambered Mahogany thomann Body, AAA flamed Maple veneer, Glued-In; Mortise and Tenon Mahogany Neck, Slim Taper D Profile, Rosewood Fretboard, MOP Trapeze Inlays, 22 Frets, Nut width 42,85mm, Scale 628mm, 1x Epiphone ProBucker 2 (Neck) and 1x Epiphone ProBucker 3 (Bridge) Humbucker Pickups, Shadow NanoMag Humbucker thomann Pickup (Fretboard), 1 Toggle Switch, Controls for 2x Volume, NanoMag Volume with push-push A/B Switch, Tone, A/B Led Indicators, Backside Control for NanoMag Gain and Treble EQ - Bass EQ, New Shadow Chromatic Tuner built in Bridge Pickup Mounting Ring, LockTone Tune-o-matic Bridge, thomann Stopbar, Nickel Hardware, Grover Machine Heads, incl. Native Instruments GuitarRig Software (download), USB cable, 9 V Battery, 10' Economy 1/4" cord, Manual, Poster, Sticker, Finish Faded Cherry Sunburst

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III FC - Thomann Verkkokauppa

598€ (Costs 785 dollars)

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro EB

Epiphone Les Paul Custom EB, electric guitar, mahogany/ alder body, thomann mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, block inlays, 2x Pro Bucker and coil-tapping, gold hardware, color ebony, incl. case

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro EB - Thomann Verkkokauppa

485€ (Costs 637 dollars)
Hardware and electronics seem to be allright in all three. One has chambered body. What would be the best bang for the buck?

Sixstring63

Reaction score
The Bonamassa is the best bet. I own one and it plays amazing. Plus it has real Gibson pickups, not Epiphones take on Gibson pickups. The neck is a fat 50's style but I liked it after a few weeks of getting use to it.

Backstage

Reaction score
It looks like that it's always the best bet to get the actual signature model, in this case the Bonamassa or the Slash if you can still get one.

M A D

Reaction score
Hi Gonzili :)

...ach ich glaub man gewöhnt sich an alles, ohne dass es schwer fällt.

Wir können uns doch innerhalb weniger Sekunden auf jeglichen Hals einstellen - ohne einen Hals zu kriegen :D

Slim Taper, Fat Neck, D - U - V - C - Profile.... :jam:

Wir beide haben da doch alles im Programm, allerdings mag es für jemanden, der noch keine Klampfe hat doch schon wichtiger zu sein...
Wenn man weis auf was man steht.. :D

gonzo-lee

Reaction score
I've played it, also the Gibson studio Bonamassa Signature, with also such a big neck. It was too big for me, really. By the way, my 2010 Translucent Amber Standard has also a fat neck. No unplayable, but not well comfortable at all.Could be less.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Probucker pups stand up well to the Gibson Burstbuckers. I can't say which of these Gits would be best, but I think I would take the LPC simply because I already have a JB and I'm not a Nano-mag person. The JBLP is hard to beat though and for what you get is probably the better value. I like the beefy neck, but I don't have small hands. :)

Rhust

Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but for my dime, the Bonamassa is a great guitar... and if the neck isn't your thing, you can exchange it...

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but for my dime, the Bonamassa is a great guitar... and if the neck isn't your thing, you can exchange it...

at the price of a new guitar ???

why not buy the one with the neck he likes :hmm:

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If the OP wants to add the Tribute Plus to the list, I would have to agree on it being the best choice from a value standpoint. I myself would take it over the other three. :)

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
If the OP wants to add the Tribute Plus to the list, I would have to agree on it being the best choice from a value standpoint. I myself would take it over the other three. :)

they got a price drop from 560/600 Euro to 500 Euro incl. case !

so it is the best bang for the buck, IMO

barebonesLP

Reaction score

Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus MS - Holy Cow! I want that so baaaaaaad! :slash:

Gibson 57 classic plus humbucker pickups...

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro EB has Pro Buckers...

Thomann sound sample in Rock style...

Pro Buckers give more rich sound?

Midnight saphire has the best looks...

I want both but can't have both... :naughty:

barebonesLP

Reaction score
Beautiful!

274273.jpg

Not bad...

143010.jpg

Latest Threads