Can you put a Nashville bridge on an Epi?

Diocletian

Reaction score
I'm going to need to replace the bridge and tailpiece on the Black Beauty in my avatar at some point (the old ones are tarnishing pretty bad and look like crap, they were cheap and haven't lasted very well).

I would rather put in a Nashville style bridge - I have one on my Gibson Faded Les Paul and it just looks better IMO.
But I'm not sure if you can get one that will fit.

This company (I use them all the time, their stuff is good value) have one here if you scroll down the page. "Nashville bridge with 4mm stud holes". If I pull the old bushes, will the new ones fit in to the holes? They have one with 6mm stud holes as well, although I'd rather the 4mm ones as it just looks neater.

Axesrus - Solid & Hollow Bodied Guitar Bridges and Hardware

SpnshGtr

Reaction score
You cannot use the Nashville with 4mm posts, you need the 6mm metric posts. The hole will be too large to accomodate the studs that come with the 4mm posts. I just replace the bridge on my Epi as I too like the look of the Nashville bridge. I used the bridge with 6mm posts and used the studs that were currently in the guitar. If you want to use the 4mm you will have to dowel the holes and redrill and probably do some refinishing around the holes, so for ease go with the 6mm metric post version. Good luck.

Regards,

Ren

TKOjams

Reaction score
You cannot use the Nashville with 4mm posts, you need the 6mm metric posts. The hole will be too large to accomodate the studs that come with the 4mm posts. I just replace the bridge on my Epi as I too like the look of the Nashville bridge. I used the bridge with 6mm posts and used the studs that were currently in the guitar. If you want to use the 4mm you will have to dowel the holes and redrill and probably do some refinishing around the holes, so for ease go with the 6mm metric post version. Good luck.

Regards,

Ren

Not so fast there big guy.:D

Hedcrash

Reaction score
Are we mixing up our bridges here?

The newer style Gibson bridge is the Nashville, and fits on the bigger studs that screw into threaded inserts. The older style bridge is the ABR-1, which has the smaller studs that screw directly into the body of the guitar (no bushings).

If you want to put a new Nashville bridge on your Epi, you can get a metric one that fits your existing studs at any number of places online. Are you actually trying to convert a Nashville bridge equipped guitar to use the ABR-1? That's what it looks like, judging by the pictures of the conversion studs in the pictures above.

Just trying to clear things up and understand.

purevilpleasure

Reaction score
Are we mixing up our bridges here?

The newer style Gibson bridge is the Nashville, and fits on the bigger studs that screw into threaded inserts. The older style bridge is the ABR-1, which has the smaller studs that screw directly into the body of the guitar (no bushings).

If you want to put a new Nashville bridge on your Epi, you can get a metric one that fits your existing studs at any number of places online. Are you actually trying to convert a Nashville bridge equipped guitar to use the ABR-1? That's what it looks like, judging by the pictures of the conversion studs in the pictures above.

Just trying to clear things up and understand.

Wondered that myself. But it sounds like they just want the look. My link above took a Gibson Nashville to the ABR-1 (Kalamazoo).

SpnshGtr

Reaction score
Okay, the poster of the pic sent me a link for the adaptors. They are to convert a Nashville bridge to an ABR styled bridge. But they can also be used to screw into the studs of the Epi and accept the ABR styled bridge or the Nashville. I know the ABR and Nashville use different diameter posts but this adaptor works with an ABR styled bridge that uses the same sized posts as the Nashville. So from my research, this adaptor can be used to convert an Epi to use the Gibson Nashville bridge currently found on Gibson USA guitars. Darn wish I knew about this before I bought a new bridge for my Epi. I will probably do this conversion anyway as the replacement bridge I got isnt as thick as the Nashville on my Gibby although its a lot beefier than the original bridge. Thank you to the poster of the pic. :thumb:

Regards,

Ren

sjmckean

Reaction score
Please send me the link. I would love to put an ABar-1 non wire on my Epi JB.

Latest Threads