Can you help me

goldtop56

Reaction score
imwiring my les paul standard plus i have followed the diagram exactly but its not spliting the coils on the push pull tone pots can anyone help before i go mad!!!! please

goldtop56

Reaction score
Yes.

Post pics of your current setup.

Post a description of what wiring you hope to achieve.

Post a drawing of what you THINK you have wired.

Post a pic (or link) to the wiring diagram you are following.

ok this is what i have up to this point its wired the same as the diagram in the link below

what i want is a 50s harness with 2 x push/pulls which splits the humbucker to make it a single coil on both humbuckers

many thanks

sn852055.jpg

By sbray83 at 2012-09-15

JBCS Guitar Wiring Diagrams Copyright 2011

the diagram i am using is called ''LP pro + wiring with coil splits4 conducter leads

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You need to run two ground wires from each push/pull. Did you? I can't tell from the picture. Also, what P/U's are you using?

goldtop56

Reaction score
im using a SD sh-4 and sh-2

i have got the middle lug of the push/pull pot soldered to the soldered to the pot and wire from middle lug to bottom pin of push/pull is that what you mean?

goldtop56

Reaction score
any one out there who can help really want to get this done this evening so i can start enjoying it

straybeat

Reaction score
Here is the diagram for what you're trying to do;

2itnf2u.png

Or, the Seymour diagram for tone pot splitting if you want to switch things around?

seymourduncanpush-pulldiagram2h_2v_2t_3w_2pp.jpg

goldtop56

Reaction score
Here is the diagram for what you're trying to do;

2itnf2u.png

Or, the Seymour diagram for tone pot splitting if you want to switch things around?

seymourduncanpush-pulldiagram2h_2v_2t_3w_2pp.jpg

have you got one that is wired with a 50s wiring harness

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im using a SD sh-4 and sh-2

i have got the middle lug of the push/pull pot soldered to the soldered to the pot and wire from middle lug to bottom pin of push/pull is that what you mean?

That would ground both of those terminals and should be correct. With SD pups the red and white wires both connect to the series link which is the middle terminal and that looks correct also. Black is hot, green is ground. I don't know unless you have damaged the push/pulls. Is everything else working normally?

Latest Threads