Can you guys help me with my mixer?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I confess that Im not that smart about PAs. I only know what works for me, and what does not. My current rig as mentioned above does work for me.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Some gigs the amp and strat are quiet....some buzzy as hell. Especially middle pickup . And its not the typical hum and touching strings does not stop it.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some gigs the amp and strat are quiet....some buzzy as hell. Especially middle pickup . And its not the typical hum and touching strings does not stop it.
That's why they invented humbuckers!

But seriously, it can vary a lot....fluorescent lights, dimmers, anywhere there's mains electricity (which is everywhere!) you'll get electromagnetic induction. You can find just the right angle to stand at.

I used to play a club in Niagara Falls that was so bad, I had to leave my single coil guitars at home. Turned out that the whole building had 50 volts in the neutral leg.

In any case, always a good idea to carry a volt meter or DMM to check the voltage.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
That's why they invented humbuckers!

But seriously, it can vary a lot....fluorescent lights, dimmers, anywhere there's mains electricity (which is everywhere!) you'll get electromagnetic induction. You can find just the right angle to stand at.

I used to play a club in Niagara Falls that was so bad, I had to leave my single coil guitars at home. Turned out that the whole building had 50 volts in the neutral leg.

In any case, always a good idea to carry a volt meter or DMM to check the voltage.
If I turn on 2 pickups it gets quieter but still there. I have a second strat that has the pickups wired to be turned on in series ( i think thats right) so its like a humbucker . May have to start playing that in some venues. BUT sometimes it is the AMP not the guitar....