Can I keep it Ma?

JMT Guitars

Reaction score
This little chap followed me home tonight...

IMG_20191016_185637_679.jpg

I popped into my friendly local guitar store for a couple of sets of strings and had the customary look round. I always search for Les Pauls because up to now they have never been right. Always wanted a burst that wasnt too red with the cherry back and 50s neck and so far they always slipped up on something or were too expensive custom shop. And I saw this 2009 Traditional hung up and thought "eh its a bit plain for me" but I was bored and so asked to play it. And woah. It hit the sunlight, the clouds parted, angels sang and when I played it I knew it was coming home with me! 50s rounded neck, ice tea burst finish and the classic cherry back. Beauty. She howls too... sounds like all those classic records man! F*** the pedals and the amp sims this, a guitar cable and a marshall amp is just insta-zeppelin!

Long story short: Meet my first proper Gibby Les Paul, a 2009 Traditional that is now referred to as "The Accident"!

jb_abides

Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats....
get any deal on a NOS Traditional?

brianbzed

Reaction score
This little chap followed me home tonight...

View attachment 414141

I popped into my friendly local guitar store for a couple of sets of strings and had the customary look round. I always search for Les Pauls because up to now they have never been right. Always wanted a burst that wasnt too red with the cherry back and 50s neck and so far they always slipped up on something or were too expensive custom shop. And I saw this 2009 Traditional hung up and thought "eh its a bit plain for me" but I was bored and so asked to play it. And woah. It hit the sunlight, the clouds parted, angels sang and when I played it I knew it was coming home with me! 50s rounded neck, ice tea burst finish and the classic cherry back. Beauty. She howls too... sounds like all those classic records man! F*** the pedals and the amp sims this, a guitar cable and a marshall amp is just insta-zeppelin!

Long story short: Meet my first proper Gibby Les Paul, a 2009 Traditional that is now referred to as "The Accident"!
Bitchin' guitar, Dude! Looks like a Gary Moore signature !

JMT Guitars

Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats....
get any deal on a NOS Traditional?
Yeah didn't haggle as much as I could or maybe should have but in all fairness the owner of the store said he bought it from this millionaire collector, this thing has sat in the case and never been played. Not a mark on it and its pre- dodgy qc too so its worth what I paid to be fair- £1500 plus a couple of hundred for condition and rarity.

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
OH. My.
Sweet.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing so special as your first les Paul.

welcome to the cult

-Chris

PauloQS

Reaction score
Those acidental purchases are the best. The ones you just play the guitar to kill some time, but then the guitar is just too good to let it go. Congrats.

macdog

Reaction score
2009 Trad was my first too. Great, great guitars.

My Les Paul Classifieds