Can I find this Les Paul?

dubhe

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can I purchase a new Les Paul Standard with a fast access heal? I'm not so much a fan of the HP's wider neck, hotter pickups and overall look. For me, the standard hits the sweet spot in sound, weight (I can only handle so much unfortunately), and neck-profile - which is paramount. The neck to me is just perfect... if it was only hitched onto the body with the fast access heal. For me the HP's wider soloists neck (1.745 vs 1.695 nut width for the standard) although not a huge deal, is a little off for me. I was spent 10 years on a prs neck that was 1.687 at the nut. I would only really spend that kind of money on 'the' les paul guitar of my dreams if I didnt have to make compromises. I want the axe that I can be buried with.

Any wild thoughts or keen observations on how this can be achieved are greatly appreciated.

Dubhe

Last edited:

endial

Reaction score

Tone deaf

Reaction score
If you find your dream guitar and it is too heavy, you can have it weight relieved, Billy Gibbons has done that to some of his LPs. I don't think I'd ever go that route and have no idea what it would cost, but it is one avenue.

nitrodave08

Reaction score
Along with the thoughts on a heavy guitar, I use a Levy 3" padded neoprene "ultimate Comfort" strap.

This thing is magic. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries (1 was a scrape) and it makes my 2 8.6# feel like nothing.

I got turned on to these straps from a M&G that when I put on the 10.3# for the photo, it also felt like nothing.

dubhe

Reaction score
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Axcess-Standard/Features.aspx

Les Paul Axcess Standard. Only other heel like that that I know of. (Sorry for quick/abrupt answer, it's 5:00 am here)

Edit; HEY, welcome to the forum! Many will chime in on this very soon, I'm sure. Good luck with the hunt!
Hey this guitar looks awesome! But still is not right.. neck profile is traditional and it isnt a hardtail.. The hunt continues...

Last edited:

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
A 16 traditional HP may be what ur looking for I think..

I got the body from stratosphere because I liked the AAA top...
Neck is 1.695 and it’s heel is awesome

Here’s mine

-Chris

Razzle

Reaction score
There are a number of folks out there who make angled heel LPs, Jay Turser comes to mind. I'm with ya on the HP's, love the angled heel, don't dig the neck.

But my choice is an Agile. Here's my AL-3200 but I've seen a number of other Agile LPs with angled heels. The sustain on this is awesome too due to the neck thru.

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey this guitar looks awesome! But still is not right.. neck profile is traditional and it isnt a hardtail.. The hunt continues...
LP Axcess also comes in a hardtail. I have a Floyd Axcess and a hardtail. Incredible guitars

Check Reverb and ebay from time to time. Most common will probably be ice tea burst. Only thing is, the neck may be slightly beefy for your taste?