Can anyone tell me what the markings mean under the pickups?

RhinoAdams

Reaction score
I'm setting up, and very lightly relicing the nickel parts on my 03 LP(Tailpiece, Tuners, PU covers, and strap locks with a vinegar and salt concoction and was wondering what some of these markings mean.. the obvious one which is under the bridge pickup is "LPSP" which means Les Paul Standard Plus. but there was a red piece of tape and underneath that it says what looks like "C0" or "60" which i'd imagine would mean the neck profile maybe? and the one I have no clue is what is under the neck pick up "WR" does anyone have an idea what some of these mean?

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

Graham H

Reaction score
Man, that's a beauty !!! Gotta love the WR !!!:applause::applause::applause:

Farquad

Reaction score
Wine Red. ya and probably 60's carve. :)

Ozzy Mandeus

Reaction score
Yeah, wine red! As it happens I have the pickups out of mine at the moment - LB under the neck and LPTD+ under the bridge. It's a Lightburst Trad plus. No sticker, but all trad pluses are 50's neck.

RhinoAdams

Reaction score
Yeah, wine red! As it happens I have the pickups out of mine at the moment - LB under the neck and LPTD+ under the bridge. It's a Lightburst Trad plus. No sticker, but all trad pluses are 50's neck.

Yeah mines slightly chunkier than the average 60.. right around a 59 maybe slightly more tapered.

paulgibson

Reaction score
weight-relief. "]Posted from Mylespaul.com App for Android[/SIZE]

GeeJay

Reaction score
Mine says LP5+ under the bridge and LB under the neck.

50's neck, plus top
Lightburst finish

Flyfish-mt

Reaction score
Funny, my 80' wine red Custom has a different marking that I thought said WIRED. After closer inspection it reads "W/RED". Here's a pic:
LPCpupcavity_zps4da53d66.jpg

Dirtyclinic

Reaction score
I also have an 03 Wine Red Standard Plus with a 60s neck. I was told it was a Standard Plus from the Ebay auction in which I bought it but I always thought it had less figuring in the top than the Plus models I had seen. I will have open mine up and see what it says in there.

RhinoAdams

Reaction score
I also have an 03 Wine Red Standard Plus with a 60s neck. I was told it was a Standard Plus from the Ebay auction in which I bought it but I always thought it had less figuring in the top than the Plus models I had seen. I will have open mine up and see what it says in there.

Shoot a pic to me of it.. Im eager as HELL to see all whine red 03 LP's on account of its my favorite guitar I own.. It took me months to find the right les paul visiting different shop's and I went to my local town guitar shop and played this through a vintage twin and bought it that day for $1500 out the door.. been in love ever since.

Ansen

Reaction score
My 92' Studio didn't have any modell description in the pup caveties, just the colour in neckpup cave. In the bridgepup cave there is a date stamp and some mystic marking... looks like Day 4 ??.. but I'm not sure.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm also curious what it could mean. Was just thinking about a thread like
"show your pup caveties" ..

greetz n'roll

Attachments

• StudioPupCave1.JPG
    StudioPupCave1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 431
  • StudioPupCave2.JPG
    StudioPupCave2.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 443

wheelsdeal

Reaction score
Mine says 假冒吉他

Should i be worried..?

wild turkey

Reaction score
My 92' Studio didn't have any modell description in the pup caveties, just the colour in neckpup cave. In the bridgepup cave there is a date stamp and some mystic marking... looks like Day 4 ??.. but I'm not sure.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm also curious what it could mean. Was just thinking about a thread like
"show your pup caveties" ..

greetz n'roll

Day 11, built 2weeks apart my 92 standard

6860832848_4171535324_b.jpg

Latest Threads