Can anyone identify THIS?? I put the Hammond logo on it cuz it fit as a joke. I got it for 5 bucks at a garage sale. It sounds AWESOME.

DavGrape

Reaction score
One a those pickups might be a gem on a Tele.
Egad, I wanna find one here.

LocoTex

Reaction score
I'll give you $10 for it. 100% profit!

Reactions: Who

Roger66

Reaction score
Thanks, Guys for the ID on the Guyatone. It would sound great on a tele, you're right!
I might put an out of phase pull pot on it. And a metal nut.

strayedstrater

Reaction score
The knobs are first generation Ibanez Sure Grips. People are paying $50 each for those (often more than $50).

Very '80s and definitely not stock. You could sell them, get a couple of more '60s looking knobs, and make a tidy profit.

• Love
Reactions: Who

Roger66

Reaction score
The knobs are first generation Ibanez Sure Grips. People are paying $50 each for those (often more than $50).

Very '80s and definitely not stock. You could sell them, get a couple of more '60s looking knobs, and make a tidy profit.
WOW! They did look out of place. Reminded me of my old Ibanez 82 Roadstar bass.
I wanted to put some knurled tele knobs on it anyway. I guess I will. Ha ha. Thanks!

Attachments

Roger66

Reaction score

Wow! They did look a bit out of place. I was thinking of putting those knurled tele knobs on it anyway. Thanks, ha ha. Now where do I find a buyer? I only use American or British guitars and amps anyway. Well not British guitars.

Attachments

strayedstrater

Reaction score
Wow! They did look a bit out of place. I was thinking of putting those knurled tele knobs on it anyway. Thanks, ha ha. Now where do I find a buyer? I only use American or British guitars and amps anyway. Well not British guitars.
Ebay, Reverb, maybe Craigslist if you live in a big market.

The original Sure Grips were replaced by Sure Grip II's and then by Sure Grip III's. The 2nd and 3rd generations aren't valuable so don't get discouraged when you see the low prices on listings for those.

The rubber traction bands on the first generation tend to stretch and get loose, or crack and fall off. That's why they changed the design. And that's why good condition ones like yours sell for crazy money.

Latest Threads