Can’t Be Real - Something Fishy Going On

jk60LPTH

Reaction score
He has several Epiphones, in fact. And he does play his Lucielle & 355 regularly; he just didn't have a LP at the time, and didn't care for Henry's price:quality ratio.
He's willing to buy and play epiphones, and they're good enough for him, but the only thing he can settle for is a Chibson because of the Gibson price?

He could buy a PRS SE Singlecut (one on Reverb for $900 right now) and get a very good real guitar that's not fake and built to a high standard of quality, good hardware and pickups, that plays and sounds like it cost a lot more. If he had to have a Gibson he could find a used '90's-to-early- 2000's Studio that was legit for the same or a little more. I bought my 1967 SG Standard for $300 in early 1968, I didn't even have a steady job... sounds really cheap but that's the equivalent of $2,305 today.

Last edited:

blee57

Reaction score
it a knock off. Nut incorrect, bridge incorrect, just a fake. I bought several of these all at once onetime. gave them away as gifts to kids. Great starter guitars, only worth 300.00

Adinol

Reaction score
The Gibson headstock logo has always been tilted upward toward the right. Whaddaya mean "tilted?"
Couldn't you find a friendlier way to ask your question? Especially since you don't seem to know what you are talking about. I don't have time to engage in pissing contests of any battle of wits. I do want to answer the question.

So, let's get to it.

The True Gibson headstock logo is slanted, but not tilted. It is slanted in a way that the letter are spelled out going from the G at the lowest point up to the n at the highest point. However, it is not tilted, meaning that the vertical lines, especially noticeable on the G, b and n are aligned with the imaginary center line that you can imagine passing through the center of the headstock. If you drew a line going from the center screws of the truss rod cover all the way through the center of the open book shape at the top. That's your center line. The vertical lines of the logo letters are parallel to that center line on a Gibson guitar. Many counterfeits get that wrong. That's what I mean when I say the logo is tilted, i.e. it is not aligned with the center line.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
Couldn't you find a friendlier way to ask your question? Especially since you don't seem to know what you are talking about. I don't have time to engage in pissing contests of any battle of wits. I do want to answer the question.

So, let's get to it.

The True Gibson headstock logo is slanted, but not tilted. It is slanted in a way that the letter are spelled out going from the G at the lowest point up to the n at the highest point. However, it is not tilted, meaning that the vertical lines, especially noticeable on the G, b and n are aligned with the imaginary center line that you can imagine passing through the center of the headstock. If you drew a line going from the center screws of the truss rod cover all the way through the center of the open book shape at the top. That's your center line. The vertical lines of the logo letters are parallel to that center line on a Gibson guitar. Many counterfeits get that wrong. That's what I mean when I say the logo is tilted, i.e. it is not aligned with the center line.

Tilted from the angle that Gibson puts it at.....where the downstroke of the G and the N run parallel to the centreline of the guitar.
Thank you both for the explanation. :)

Latest Threads