calling socialhero (Bloodbucker content)

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Griff - look what crawled off the bench tonight. :cool:

Lightly aged oxblood butyrate bobbins. Four sizes of PE wire. Blackened steel screws. Old world steel keepers and slugs. Overwound PAF coils. Extra short custom cast 2.25" UOA5 bridge & long A3 neck. Green aerospace NOS Cornell-Dubilier PIOs.

Thanks for making awesome music! :cheers:

(This is a one-off gift set. Not for sale.)

LtKojak

Reaction score
A lot of fancy, alright... unfortunately, once installed, nobody will see any of it.

P'up maker product realization: Win.

Branding effort: Fail.

Don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy old man with nothing better to do ATM... ;)

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of fancy, alright... unfortunately, once installed, nobody will see any of it.

P'up maker product realization: Win.

Branding effort: Fail.

Don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy old man with nothing better to do ATM... ;)

lol! I know what you mean, man. They were made with love and respect though, not marketing interests. I wouldn't make another set like this, if asked. I made Griffin some pickups, he made an album with them. I really related to that album on a number of levels and it inspired me to make him another set, keeping in mind how he used them.

You can't say oxblood bobbins aren't a unique look!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the album which was the inspiration. You can stream it online from the Zr. King website. It actually opens with him screaming into another set of my pickups, recorded through a gainy amp. Pretty cool!

Zr. King - Music

LtKojak

Reaction score
They were made with love and respect though, not marketing interests.
Yeah, by branding I meant Zr.King's, not ReWind's, James.

That's what I thought was funny.

The oxblood look really is unique... well, now that I think of it... actually, here in Italy we make several kinds of salami and sausages looking just like that.

Just by looking at those p'ups I work up an appetite for those things, and my arteries are NOT happy at all with the resultant outcome of the consumption of such.

God be blessed, those p'ups can't be eaten! :wave: :lol: :cool:

socialhero

Reaction score
Holy hell! Those look AMAZING James!! :wow:

Killer style, and I love what you did with the labels! I'm gonna be proud and honored to be rocking that gear, same as I am with the original custom set you made me.

Man...I bet those would look killer in a black LP custom with nickel hardware. I never thought I'd be considering buying a guitar based on the pickups I'm going to put in it!

Full report when these come in!

Thanks again James, I am honored buddy. Really appreciate all your support and encouragement, and I'm so stoked for you to see ReWind doing so well - you deserve it! :thumb: :applause:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should have called the caps "blast caps" doh!

Well, next version, perhaps. :cheers:

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Where's Noah? He has the only other oxblood butyrate set in the world.

geetarfreek, you out there?
Oh man, your killing me James!

Those are the BOMB! You KNOW I'm going to bug you to wind me some oxblood now, don't ya? I LOVE oxblood. Oxblood to go into the Oxblood. I love it.:D

:naughty:

Maybe?:cool:

Whatcha think? :fingersx:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
It can't be done, friend. There were only 10 bobbins that color in my batch of several thousand from the factory. They were probably made in error. Someone forgot to clean out the machine from whatever it was injection molding before these and the color came through in the first few, I would guess.

Noah has one set. Griffin now has the other. The remaining two bobbins were sort of a marble mess, nothing attractive, unfortunately, and they went out in the....

...wait for it...

TRASH!!!! bwahahahahahah!

Sorry guys. Never again will this happen, most likely.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn that's a shame. I had to try though! :D

Those are just incredible looking. Really really nice work James! :dude:

geetarfreek82

Reaction score
Hey! Sorry guys, been away for a bit... I am honored to have the other set along with Grif, who is definitely a talented dude... Zr. King RULES! I have the matching set but mine are a bit different with a degaussed A8 in the bridge and a short A5 in the neck. They sound great. A mix of vintage paf/T-Top and modern qualities.

socialhero

Reaction score
These should be delivered tomorrow hopefully...I'm stoked.

One of my guitars is getting its guts ripped out this weekend! :laugh2:

Here's the album which was the inspiration. You can stream it online from the Zr. King website. It actually opens with him screaming into another set of my pickups, recorded through a gainy amp. Pretty cool!

Zr. King - Music
Yeah man! That screaming intro is through the first custom ZrK set you wound me. They're all over the record too, one of my favorite pickup sets ever.

Hey! Sorry guys, been away for a bit... I am honored to have the other set along with Grif, who is definitely a talented dude... Zr. King RULES! I have the matching set but mine are a bit different with a degaussed A8 in the bridge and a short A5 in the neck. They sound great. A mix of vintage paf/T-Top and modern qualities.
Thanks buddy for the kind words, and I saw you picked up a copy of our album - really really appreciate the support!

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and checking out the pickup projects you've got in the works too! :thumb:

geetarfreek82

Reaction score
No problem brother, it's really good stuff... I didn't know it was even out yet!

Hey Grif those oxbloods would probably look killer in your red burst Ronin......

socialhero

Reaction score
No problem brother, it's really good stuff... I didn't know it was even out yet!

Hey Grif those oxbloods would probably look killer in your red burst Ronin......
True, I think they'd look pretty rad in there! That guitar has one of the best neck tones of any I have with the Staple P-90 pickup, I had the Ronin guys install that special for me.

I think these pickups deserve something custom of their own, in the long run at least. I got a few ideas kicking around, so we'll see! :thumb:

For now: they've ARRIVED!

These things look BADASS, I can't wait to hear how they sound!

James, yet again you have outdone yourself. This is one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me. Thanks again brother. :cheers:

More tone reporting to come!

:dude: