call me crazy.... can anyone point me to someone who'll refin my R4?

CzarIvan

Reaction score
alright... before you go and call me crazy... well, ok, i am crazy....

I have had this crazy idea in my head to refin my R4 from the usual goldtop/naturalback to Blacktop / cherry back. I know... you guys probably think i'm crazy, but I think it would be bad-ass. And for those of you who are going to post on here and tell me that i'll screw the resale value... i don't care. i'm not looking to resell so there!

I've also got a few braz fingerboard blanks that i'm thinking i might want to use while i'm at it.

so now... i need your help MLP...

without pointing me to the obvious people like Dave Johnson or RS Guitarworks... who else can do the work... without charging me an arm and a leg or taking 2 years?

I'm looking for a thin nitro finish. No ageing. a proper nitro finish will age nicely on its own... not like the super plasticized nitro on her now. If that person can also do the fretboard swapout, that would be PERFECT!

So, lets here it... who can help me out. also, if you wouldn't mind, please post contact info for people too. not just names.

thanks

Ivan

zplapplap

Reaction score
Good luck to you, but I'm going to call you crazy.

Poison 13

Reaction score
Why not do it yourself? An ebony top only refin, that is. And if you do, post pics!:naughty:

saxman10

Reaction score
Hey Ive always thought of painting a gtr trans black on the top...with trans white on the back. But there would need to be massive flame on the top!
good luck!
I call you awesome!

CzarIvan

Reaction score
yeah, i'm crossing my fingers that there not be any hidden treasures under that top. i really want black. :)

Latest Threads