Call me a dog

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I showed my older uncle his performance of Nothing Compares 2U while explaining how much his music has meant to me over the years and his response was “holy shit, I totally get this guy killed himself. Nobody who puts that much emotion across gets that way without pain”.

it was pretty chilling hearing him say that as he is not Chris Cornell’s target market.

PeteK

Reaction score
I showed my older uncle his performance of Nothing Compares 2U while explaining how much his music has meant to me over the years and his response was “holy shit, I totally get this guy killed himself. Nobody who puts that much emotion across gets that way without pain”.

it was pretty chilling hearing him say that as he is not Chris Cornell’s target market.
I bought his Songbook album about a month before he died and had been thinking man this guy pores his entire soul into every damn word he sings. I had a similar thought as your uncle when I heard he killed himself.

Anyone that hasn't heard Songbook, it's all Cornell solo acoustic. Phenomenal album. There's a great version of Call Me A Dog on that one as well

Phil W

Reaction score
I saw him doing an acoustic set at The Royal Albert Hall in London weeks before he died; great gig!

Latest Threads