California to Confiscate Illegally Owned Firearms

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
True on the expense, Thump. I've gone through the Alabama... However, if history has taught us, one thing seems to be that when you have all kinds of super high technology at your disposal, someone with a low tech approach will hand you your ass in a hat. We have missiles from hell, aircraft from hell invisible to radar and can stop and hide in a cloud, all kinds of EW stuff that can heat a can of Beanie Weenie up at 1000 meters, a huge radar invisible bomber, a sling wing bomber that can fly NOE so low you can't hear it coming and won't hear it going because you're dead, and still we had the side blown out of a ship in harbor by a damn boston whaler... Add to that the fact that ships are still being hijacked at sea by a bunch of ignorant pirates that the highest technologies they possess are boat motors, old soviet rpgs, and cheap ass Kalashnikov copies....

Very true. And the Republican Guard can attest to the fear inspired by incoming 16" 50cal salvoes.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
The movie is lame compared to the book . . . .

Later we got the book . . .. I've still got it. One of my favorites.

reading that book to me was almost exactly like living in my house, all that neat navy slang, lingo, all of it , that is the stuff I grew up with. All our family friends, all those guys talked just like that.

To this very day I still use navy lingo out of habit and people will ask what I mean . . . old dogs????

I'll have to dig it up. I sitll use "gone Asiatic" on occasion, not because I have ever been around squids that much, but because it's a very succinct way to express the idea of cutting oneself loose from one's culture.

realjimjim

Reaction score
I'll have to dig it up. I sitll use "gone Asiatic" on occasion, not because I have ever been around squids that much, but because it's a very succinct way to express the idea of cutting oneself loose from one's culture.

There were hundreds of China sailors who never came home again . . . they retired and never wanted to go home to the states.

My question about this was: "What happened to all of them when the Japanese came?"

Here's a couple of pics for you . . . the squadrons come into Cheefoo for liberty, these pics were a few years apart. You can see the Stewart, DD-224 in one.

My dad was on the John D. Ford, DD-228

Latest Threads