Cable Up!; Premium Quality Cables From Cutthroat Audio

Ron W

Cable Guy
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Cutthroat Audio offers built to order, high quality cables using premium components.

Our flagship Royal Wulff™ is the lowest capacitance instrument cable out there. G&H Silent plug standard on instrument end. A beautiful sounding cable, especially when paired with PAF’s or P90’s. $69.95–$93.95

Z3Z7b7f.jpg

The Sparkle Dun™ is low cap cable that is a little warmer sounding than the Royal Wulff. G&H silent plug standard on instrument end. An excellent choice for Strats, Teles, single coils. $63.95–$87.95

uV05a0r.jpg

The Dragon Nymph™ is a robust, 4-conductor heavy duty speaker cable designed for rigorous use, while delivering a clear, strong and neutral signal to your amp’s speaker or speaker cab. $42.95–$56.95

8y9sSgO.jpg

Got power? The Copper John™ is a no-nonsense power cable. Audio-grade Wattgate connectors, Sommer 13AWG premium power cable, and it won't break the bank. If you don't hear the difference, send it back! $89.95–$119.95

HR539bM.jpg

Learn more about these cables and our other products at: http://cutthroataudio.com

Last edited:

Johnnyslim

Reaction score
I puchased a pair of Royal Wulff instrument cables recently. My band played a date in March with a pro sound guy at the board. It was a fine gig. Saturday night we played another date and I had my Cutthroat Audio "Copper John" power cable and a pair of 18' Royal Wulff instrument cables. Same old Les Paul's, same amp, same pedal board, same tubes. This same sound man was in the audience being a friend of the band. After our first set he came up to me and asked, "What did you do to your sound? It is overdriven but so damn clear and clean."

It speaks volumes when a pro sound man picks up on a good clean tone. The only things changed were my "Copper John" power cable and I swapped my Whirlwind cables for Ron's Royal Wulff. Folks, there is something to this low capacitance cable stuff. What a rather dramatic tone improvement. Tone is everything and Ron's cables let the true tone come though. Hearing is believing.

Johnnyslim

Reaction score
Okay...another step in my progression of the best and clearest tone. I have Ron's "Copper John" power cable. I have the Royal Wullf instrument cables. The tone is greatly improved. I am running an 18' cable from the guitar to the pedal board and another 18' from the board to my amp. I have a rather basic pedal set up on the board. All of my patch cables are the colored cheap connectors you get when you buy six for $8. They worked fine.

The fact that the tone cleaned up so great with the other cables I threw caution to the wind and got Ron's solderless patch cable kit. I will say, my old Dunlop wha pedal has never sounded this good. The signal pass through the other few pedals I have, a boost and temolo, is so clear they are working like completely different pedals. The tremolo pedal is very clear and lush.

Honestly, these cables will force me to be a better and cleaner player. Cleaner meaning, as few mistakes as possible. The overall cleaner tone will make gaffs stand out more. The Whirlwind cables were fine but there is something there. I never would have imagined it until I compared it with Ron's cables. Ron uses Sommer cable and it is the lowest capacitance on the market. All I can add is...hearing is believing. Thanks Ron for the best cables on the market!

Latest Threads