CA pisses me off

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I can only speak from limited experience, but most that I know of either travel for business related stuff, or sports. And I'm not sure when the last time you went to an airport, but 1 hour prior to flight time is cutting it a touch close for comfort for me. I took the train down south and was there about 30 minutes prior, and it was the easiest, most comfortable trip I've ever made between the two cities.
Honestly, I hope it’s very successful. That way it can pay for itself.
I took the Amtrak from Emeryville (Oakland) to San Luis Obispo (CA) and it was nice. Took a bit longer than I could probably have driven it, but it was pretty relaxing. And I surprised my wife with a trip on the Surfliner between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara for her birthday and saw areas and beaches I’d never seen before, even though it’s where I was born and raised.
Obviously those were new experiences at the time and everything grows old, but I can see why you’d prefer trains to planes.
But this train will probably have something similar to airport security very soon, so it’ll likely be an hour check in.
Maybe I’m wrong.
I certainly didn’t and don’t want it, but since we’re already balls deep in it, I hope it succeeds.
And I hope we don’t have to keep paying and paying and paying and paying and paying for it.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
We make salsa at home constantly. And it's damn good, simply with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, peppers, garlic, then the right combo of lime juice and salt. (No sugar, please, that's for fools who like Pace picante sauce).

But that purple stuff at Baja Fresh; I will not rest until I know how to make it. I must learn this.
Here you go Dave:
This is a recipe I found for the Salsa Negra (or Salsa Baja) from Baja Fresh. The trick behind the flavor (and color) in this recipe is the heavily roasted tomatoes.

Here are the ingredients for the recipe:
10 large tomatoes for grilling/broiling
2 jalapenos (adjust amount for heat)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 large onion - coarsely chopped
1 tbsp garlic - chopped
1 can clear chicken/vegetable broth
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro - chopped
2-3 fresh tomatoes - diced
Salt to taste

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
No kidding? I am literally 15 mins away. 3 miles from Kiser Lake.
Spent many a weekend at Kiser Lake and Indian Lake as well! I miss Ohio and the wide open outdoors, but my wife can't stand the winters. We may go back and forth after I retire?

Do you ever play the Dayton or Cincinnati music scene? My hometown band RIND is doing really good there. They have released two CD's.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Here you go Dave:
This is a recipe I found for the Salsa Negra (or Salsa Baja) from Baja Fresh. The trick behind the flavor (and color) in this recipe is the heavily roasted tomatoes.

Here are the ingredients for the recipe:
10 large tomatoes for grilling/broiling
2 jalapenos (adjust amount for heat)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 large onion - coarsely chopped
1 tbsp garlic - chopped
1 can clear chicken/vegetable broth
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro - chopped
2-3 fresh tomatoes - diced
Salt to taste
Full instructions. Let us know how it turned out.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Spent many a weekend at Kiser Lake and Indian Lake as well! I miss Ohio and the wide open outdoors, but my wife can't stand the winters. We may go back and forth after I retire?

Do you ever play the Dayton or Cincinnati music scene? My hometown band RIND is doing really good there. They have released two CD's.
Mostly around saint Mary's Lake. Dayton has become mostly metal and some folk type stuff. I THINK I have heard of RIND.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Mostly around saint Mary's Lake. Dayton has become mostly metal and some folk type stuff. I THINK I have heard of RIND.
RIND is more geared toward Classic Rock with a little hard stuff thrown in. They have a big following and won a battle of the bands to open for Hinder.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
When making guac, use these (chopped) and add a couple tablespoons of the brine to it...

Trader Joe's

Latest Threads