CA pisses me off

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I think the original idea was to connect LA and SF, but doing so would create a SuperCrazy, endangering the whole world.
Never go full retard.
:)

In reality, who really needs to commute between LA and SF that couldn’t just fly or rent a car and use the 5?
Flying will be faster and probably barely more expensive, while renting a car will be a lot cheaper, easier and take just a little longer than the train.
There’s simply no basic logic to it.
But here we are.
And not to make this political, and I’m only saying this to describe the wasted effort/tax money:
The last governor wanted the train and the current one doesn’t. That’s why the current one is deliberately turning it into a big joke. DELIBERATELY.
That’s all well and fine; I love a good joke.
Just don’t tell it with untold billions of tax dollars. They always start with a time frame and a budget and people go “Wow! That’s not so bad...”
Oakland Bay Bridge, anyone???
Yeah, but...the train is probably intended to get you there without having to wade through all the poop on the streets.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but...the train is probably intended to get you there without having to wade through all the poop on the streets.
So the train is for navigating through the San Francisco Poo Fields. Kinda like a ride at Disneyland or some other theme park.
Six Flags Over Shit.
There you are in your little ore car, camera out, squawky banjo music coming out of the ceiling speaker as you ricket along through grottos of poo.
"Look! It's stalagtites of poo! I gotta get a shot of this.."
Yeah. Bring the kids. Stop off at the food court for a Shitburger.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I don’t see how the train is gonna be all that much faster than driving. It has to stop in a few places. Bakersfield and Modesto(??) are already the two ends of the train. Is it not gonna stop there anymore?
Is it a couple 10min stops?
It just makes no sense.
Security will be just as bad as airports, either right from the beginning or shortly thereafter.
Is the train “free”?

Just how wasted does someone have to be to think this was ever a good idea??
I’ve been pretty smashed, but I’ve never been “let’s build a train” drunk.

Ghostman

Reaction score
I think the original idea was to connect LA and SF, but doing so would create a SuperCrazy, endangering the whole world.
Never go full retard.
:)

In reality, who really needs to commute between LA and SF that couldn’t just fly or rent a car and use the 5?
Flying will be faster and probably barely more expensive, while renting a car will be a lot cheaper, easier and take just a little longer than the train.
There’s simply no basic logic to it.
But here we are.
And not to make this political, and I’m only saying this to describe the wasted effort/tax money:
The last governor wanted the train and the current one doesn’t. That’s why the current one is deliberately turning it into a big joke. DELIBERATELY.
That’s all well and fine; I love a good joke.
Just don’t tell it with untold billions of tax dollars. They always start with a time frame and a budget and people go “Wow! That’s not so bad...”
Oakland Bay Bridge, anyone???
A comparison might be the Portland to Seattle train. Takes 3:30 one way. Costs $35. Or you can fly which on the surface seems fast, until you consider the pre-flight check in time, etc. and is significantly more expensive around $180.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
A comparison might be the Portland to Seattle train. Takes 3:30 one way. Costs $35. Or you can fly which on the surface seems fast, until you consider the pre-flight check in time, etc. and is significantly more expensive around $180.
I’m still having a difficulty guessing who the customers are gonna be. Are these vacationers? Businessmen?
One hour for pre-flight check in on a 45min flight makes it 1:45 for the trip.
$35 would be cheap, I suppose, but that just suggests to me that thing ain’t exactly gonna pay its own way. Sounds to me like however much money it loses is gonna be covered by the CA taxpayer, even though a few billion of it is already federal.
I don’t know anything about the Portland/Seattle train, but the LA/SF looks to be a disaster.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a chain, Baja Fresh is pretty darn good. We always make our own with home grown tomatoes. Probably not this year though. Gordon, our blind lab managed to find out what tomato plants are and ate every one on the plants
We make salsa at home constantly. And it's damn good, simply with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, peppers, garlic, then the right combo of lime juice and salt. (No sugar, please, that's for fools who like Pace picante sauce).

But that purple stuff at Baja Fresh; I will not rest until I know how to make it. I must learn this.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because Europe and Japan have shiny fast trains, and so somebody got choo-choo envy (never mind that the European bullet trains lose money hand over fist).
I didn't know they lose money, but I'm not at all surprised to learn this.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember, Amtrak is the outfit that charges you $13 for a microwaved burger, and still loses a billion dollars a year.
We can see it go past our house at 10:03 PM nightly. Right out our big window in the back of the living room. About 100 yards away. The # 3 "Super Chief" on its way across the West, ultimately to Chicago.

Every single night. -if I haven't fallen asleep, or if it's not late, which it is half the time.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I imagine Amtrak has some lines that are more successful than others.
The CA Butt Bullet (I just named it) has one route.
Sink or swim.
Oh wait....
It won’t be allowed to sink, and we’ll continue to float it with millyin dollah beelz.

Neffco

Reaction score
I wish they would put our tracks back to use, but it’s probably not cost effective. A scenic train from glacier to the Yellowstone would be an attraction and keep tourists of the rural highways.

As far as CA sucking, I heard it was the best place ever. No need to move from paradise. Super cold and filled with MAGA hats everywhere else.

Ghostman

Reaction score
I’m still having a difficulty guessing who the customers are gonna be. Are these vacationers? Businessmen?
One hour for pre-flight check in on a 45min flight makes it 1:45 for the trip.
$35 would be cheap, I suppose, but that just suggests to me that thing ain’t exactly gonna pay its own way. Sounds to me like however much money it loses is gonna be covered by the CA taxpayer, even though a few billion of it is already federal.
I don’t know anything about the Portland/Seattle train, but the LA/SF looks to be a disaster.
I can only speak from limited experience, but most that I know of either travel for business related stuff, or sports. And I'm not sure when the last time you went to an airport, but 1 hour prior to flight time is cutting it a touch close for comfort for me. I took the train down south and was there about 30 minutes prior, and it was the easiest, most comfortable trip I've ever made between the two cities.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish they would put our tracks back to use, but it’s probably not cost effective. A scenic train from glacier to the Yellowstone would be an attraction and keep tourists of the rural highways.

As far as CA sucking, I heard it was the best place ever. No need to move from paradise. Super cold and filled with MAGA hats everywhere else.
CA is gorgeous. It's tbe population centers that suck. SFO is a beautiful city, but the people and the poo have destroyed it.

Mod Note: please refrain from using terms like "MAGA" , even when describing hats or the people wearing tbem. We do not get political here. Not ever allowed.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
We make salsa at home constantly. And it's damn good, simply with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, peppers, garlic, then the right combo of lime juice and salt. (No sugar, please, that's for fools who like Pace picante sauce).

But that purple stuff at Baja Fresh; I will not rest until I know how to make it. I must learn this.
Definitely no sugar. Plenty of salt though

Tone deaf

Reaction score

Grab the "Sweet & hot" jalepenos at Trader Joe's. Chop a bunch of them and toss them into the guac. Add a few splashes of the brine until the guac has the consistency and taste you desire. A squeeze of fresh lemon/lime and you're in business.

Latest Threads