CA pisses me off

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
I left El Cajon in 1991. Things I miss about Ca.= Humberto's Carne Asada Burrito with a plate of hot carrots. That's it. That's all.
Did you ever try Super Salsa over by the Honda dealer? Great carne asada burritos and nachos

In San Diego area, just about any place with berto in the name was good

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here in Ventura Co. we have "Taco de Mexico". Among others.

bad565ss

Reaction score
Did you ever try Super Salsa over by the Honda dealer? Great carne asada burritos and nachos

Not that I recall but it.was a long time ago.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

Best salsa I've come across comes actually from a chain of places. Baja Fresh. That "roasted tomatillo" purple stuff. I can't get enough of it.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I have a neighbor who makes his own salsa from all fresh ingredients out of his garden. That stuff is to die for! He's a little heavy on the cilantro, which is right in my wheelhouse anyway. :dude:

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
Best salsa I've come across comes actually from a chain of places. Baja Fresh. That "roasted tomatillo" purple stuff. I can't get enough of it.
For a chain, Baja Fresh is pretty darn good. We always make our own with home grown tomatoes. Probably not this year though. Gordon, our blind lab managed to find out what tomato plants are and ate every one on the plants

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I just got hit with a 1300 late tax bill from California. For money I earned while we lived in WA. I get it if I lived here and worked there, but we didn't. And of course, they waited 5 years to bill me so it had some nice interest charges.
Bastards.
Same thing happened to me regarding money that I earned in Colorado about four years earlier, it sucked.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope Revenue Canada doesn't find out about my band earnings in the mid '80s...

Was all cash anyway, so...

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wait wait wait! Before we shut it down we have to complain about transgendered millennials who won't get off our damn lawn!
I bet those bastids are militant vegans too.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't mind taxes used for proper govt services.
It's when they give it to someone else who could work but doesn't, or isn't here legally.
Or give it to some buddy's construction company and we get shit to show for it.
I understand that it costs money to provide govt services, and lots of them are very useful and necessary. I think we should actually be devoting more effort to protecting our natural resources, through forest and water management.
But when we start with high speed trains from Whereverthefuck to Whogivesashit, they lose me.
I whole heartedly agree.... like that "super train" we didn't ask for and still may never get … while the money keeps getting poured into the hole in the ground.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I whole heartedly agree.... like that "super train" we didn't ask for and still may never get … while the money keeps getting poured into the hole in the ground.

But who doesn't want to go almost to Bakersfield in a tearing hurry?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
But who doesn't want to go almost to Bakersfield in a tearing hurry?
I think the original idea was to connect LA and SF, but doing so would create a SuperCrazy, endangering the whole world.
Never go full retard.
:)

In reality, who really needs to commute between LA and SF that couldn’t just fly or rent a car and use the 5?
Flying will be faster and probably barely more expensive, while renting a car will be a lot cheaper, easier and take just a little longer than the train.
There’s simply no basic logic to it.
But here we are.
And not to make this political, and I’m only saying this to describe the wasted effort/tax money:
The last governor wanted the train and the current one doesn’t. That’s why the current one is deliberately turning it into a big joke. DELIBERATELY.
That’s all well and fine; I love a good joke.
Just don’t tell it with untold billions of tax dollars. They always start with a time frame and a budget and people go “Wow! That’s not so bad...”
Oakland Bay Bridge, anyone???

My Les Paul Classifieds