CA pisses me off

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I don't mind taxes used for proper govt services.
It's when they give it to someone else who could work but doesn't, or isn't here legally.
Or give it to some buddy's construction company and we get shit to show for it.
I understand that it costs money to provide govt services, and lots of them are very useful and necessary. I think we should actually be devoting more effort to protecting our natural resources, through forest and water management.
But when we start with high speed trains from Whereverthefuck to Whogivesashit, they lose me.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Texas is still on the list. The weather you guys have had this year isn't giving Kathy the warm and fuzzies
Hill Country is nice. You don't get the extreme desert heat of West Texas, and you don't get the hurricanes and regular tornadoes of East Texas. You certainly get some severe weather and thunder storms unlike anything we get here in CA, but it's a good balance.
Wife likes AZ. I like NV, AZ, UT, and TX, main thing is NV and TX have no income tax, but NV is getting too "blue" and by the time I retire will likely be no better than CA.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I like just about everyone I've met from Texas.
I worked with an old electrician from TX and he told me "You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much.."
:laugh2:

He about summed it up.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I like just about everyone I've met from Texas.
I worked with an old electrician from TX and he told me "You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much.."
:laugh2:

He about summed it up.
My parents moved to Cedar Park in '06... brother retired to Georgetown maybe 5 years before. Sister is in Mississippi.... I'm not moving there!
Lost dad a couple of months ago, mom is still doing great at 90 and still able to drive (probably a better driver than my sister)... Maintains a ticket and accident free record except for one of each she got into back in '68.

But realistically, by the time I'm able to retire, Mom will be gone, and I've never been that tight with Bro or Sis... they are 12 and 15 years older than I am and were both moved out by the time I was 6.

One factor in our move will be distance. I'm not going to have movers move our stuff... we'll do it. That means U-Haul, and I'm not leaving a U-haul loaded with $xx,000 worth of guns and guitars in a motel parking lot overnight, and if I tried to haul everything into the room, someone would probably think the guitar cases are machine guns and call DHS :D

My gun safe will be a gift to the next owner of my condo... I'm not moving that back down the stairs.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score

edit to add: ship's wifi won't let me open it, so apologies if there's anything that crosses the line. I just figured it's a major news source.

Latest Threads