CA pisses me off

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Despite all this... I'd move back in heartbeat. I'd never get the wife to leave here (kids, grandkids), so that's a pipe dream. But, I loved riding the canyons to the beach and up the PCH.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
We'd stay too if it was affordable. But between prop taxes and tax on retirement income, it's not in the cards. We're mainly looking at NV now

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
I'm about 20 miles outside of Austin downtown, and would never go back to Cali. I get why some people like it there, but I lived there for a long time and I'm done.

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in CA. Every year I do my taxes, and the state gives me a refund$$$.. :dude: :cheers2: :dude:

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
That's generally poor estate planning. Note that you shouldn't be liable for income tax on life insurance payouts, either.

As for the "trillions" in deficits, we've gone from having a Democrat who actually ran a surplus (Clinton) to a Republican (Bush) who set us up with a "$60 billion, tops" war that's going to cost perhaps $10 trillion (we're still paying for that, and Obama really had nothing to do with that) and the current administration has tacked $4.1 trillion onto that in its first 2.5 years. Ya gotta wonder what "conservatives" are really conserving. The Tea Party is rolling over in its grave.
Seriously?

Do you have the impulse control of a 3 year old?

Nobody thinks you’re clever, so why don’t you just keep your political sh1t to yourself and shut the fcuk up?

Cheers

Latest Threads