CA pisses me off

PeteK

Reaction score
WA isn't much better in some instances. Yeah, we have no state tax and our license tabs are cheap, but they get their fucking vig. When I moved here I tried to get OHV tabs for an ATV that I purchased and owned for 5 years in Nevada. Nevada doesn't require OHV tabs, Washington does, fine. But I go to register and they said I'd have to pay Washington sales tax on the ORIGINAL purchase price. I explained that it was purchased in Nevada, where I lived, and I continued to live there for 5 more years after I purchased it before I came here and they said fuck you, pay me. They said since no sales tax was ever paid (Nevada has no sales tax) and it was never registered (which Nevada didn't require) it's required even though absolutely no part of the sale involved the state of Washington.

I asked how much the fine is for not having a tab. It was waaaaay less than the extortion tax so I never registered it and just continued riding anyway

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not to mention how your elders are taxed on income and then you'll be taxed on it as well if you are lucky enough to inherit some. At the same time, given we run deficits in the trillions and are so deep in the red as a nation it's kind of hard to see a route we get out I don't see it ending any time soon. It's all Monopoly money, right? Why worry?
Yeah the death tax is some real bs

CerebralGasket

Reaction score
No matter where we've lived, when someone asks where we are from the answer is always San Diego
I spent many years living in San Diego and that was my favorite place to be. Most of my life I had to move to different places. The “Where are you from?” question always throws me a loop and I my answer to that is “Everywhere”.

Big John

Drink more, you'll sound better
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I asked how much the fine is for not having a tab. It was waaaaay less than the extortion tax so I never registered it and just continued riding anyway
From one WA off-roader to another, you are my hero. They have to catch you to fine you. Drop a gear, crack the throttle, and wave buh bye.

dspelman

Reaction score
Not to mention how your elders are taxed on income and then you'll be taxed on it as well if you are lucky enough to inherit some. At the same time, given we run deficits in the trillions and are so deep in the red as a nation it's kind of hard to see a route we get out I don't see it ending any time soon. It's all Monopoly money, right? Why worry?
That's generally poor estate planning. Note that you shouldn't be liable for income tax on life insurance payouts, either.

As for the "trillions" in deficits, we've gone from having a Democrat who actually ran a surplus (Clinton) to a Republican (Bush) who set us up with a "$60 billion, tops" war that's going to cost perhaps $10 trillion (we're still paying for that, and Obama really had nothing to do with that) and the current administration has tacked $4.1 trillion onto that in its first 2.5 years. Ya gotta wonder what "conservatives" are really conserving. The Tea Party is rolling over in its grave.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
That's generally poor estate planning. Note that you shouldn't be liable for income tax on life insurance payouts, either.

As for the "trillions" in deficits, we've gone from having a Democrat who actually ran a surplus (Clinton) to a Republican (Bush) who set us up with a "$60 billion, tops" war that's going to cost perhaps $10 trillion (we're still paying for that, and Obama really had nothing to do with that) and the current administration has tacked $4.1 trillion onto that in its first 2.5 years. Ya gotta wonder what "conservatives" are really conserving. The Tea Party is rolling over in its grave.
And there it is, goodbye thread.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
it does seem like a shakedown sometimes. Especially if you're single and claim no dependents and they just rob your ass.
I get less pissed off about my Federal taxes than I do my goddamn property taxes. Roads are shit, and to charge what they do is insane. Both are cases of gross mismanagement of MY money though.

pnuggett

Reaction score

Guess you didn't like this thread.

Ghostman

Reaction score
WA isn't much better in some instances. Yeah, we have no state tax and our license tabs are cheap, but they get their fucking vig. When I moved here I tried to get OHV tabs for an ATV that I purchased and owned for 5 years in Nevada. Nevada doesn't require OHV tabs, Washington does, fine. But I go to register and they said I'd have to pay Washington sales tax on the ORIGINAL purchase price. I explained that it was purchased in Nevada, where I lived, and I continued to live there for 5 more years after I purchased it before I came here and they said fuck you, pay me. They said since no sales tax was ever paid (Nevada has no sales tax) and it was never registered (which Nevada didn't require) it's required even though absolutely no part of the sale involved the state of Washington.

That's crazy! My buddy purchased two ATV's in Montana, same story, but he didn't have to pay any sales tax here in WA. Weird how his experience was much different.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score

There it is, the thread wetter. thanks for playing

Scooter2112

Reaction score

errrr.....glaring omission, but you knew that. :cool2: