C8 Corvettes?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Relax Francis.......... if you don't want one don't order one. Consumer protection laws , blah,blah,blah, it's a game changing car, get over it.
Cheers
Now, how do we know it is a great car, until I can at least touch it and sit in it? Now I have already spoken with our losal Chevy dealler and gave him my C8 build. I told him I would put down a deposit, but I wanted it back if I didn’t like it after driving it. I was told to go to hell! Now this does not out me in a buying mood!

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Saw one (Long Beach Red Metallic paint) today parked next to the restaurant where we had lunch. It looked pretty sharp.

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
Probably because he owns a Ferrari and it seemed redundant or comparatively inadequate.
A $38,000 profit was part of the decision. However, had the car really done it for me..an extra $100k wouldn't have been enough for me to flip it.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, how do we know it is a great car, until I can at least touch it and sit in it? Now I have already spoken with our losal Chevy dealler and gave him my C8 build. I told him I would put down a deposit, but I wanted it back if I didn’t like it after driving it. I was told to go to hell! Now this does not out me in a buying mood!
That's what floors me.
It's not like he won't be able to move it if you decide not to buy it, unless you want some really oddball option package or completely base model, which I doubt is the case.

It could be, with things as they are, he doesn't have enough available credit with GM to have one on hand that doesn't immediately move?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I know it looks good. But until I get behind the steering wheell, I can‘t know if I want to buy one. They aren’t cheap, you know. I can buy a car like that for cash. And I got that way by not throwing my money around on something I can’ t even see or touch before putting down a large sum of money (which the dealer won’t refund if I don’t. like it). How to respond to this situation I have tried to deal with dealers who have refused to refund my deposit if I order one and don’t want to buy it. Why do they take that stance? I don;t know, but their franchise should be canceled! ! But awaiting GM doing the right thing, I’ll just wait a bit. We are not actually afoot, you know.

DotStudio

Reaction score
A $38,000 profit was part of the decision. However, had the car really done it for me..an extra $100k wouldn't have been enough for me to flip it.
Yeah, that'll do it.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
true.our local dealer had 4or 5 of them awaiting the owners and on the showroom floor last time i was there.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
No sir. If a car dealer does not have anything close to what I want in stock, and if I want to order it on a total refundable basis, and they won’t accept that, then screw them! This is what has happened in the case of about five Chevy dealers here in the Four Corners area. I wish this hadn’t happened, but ir has! Do any of these dealers think that I am some bum off the street? Did they not see me drive in with a fairly new Mercedes? Of course they did. Did they not check out my financial status on internet sites I don’t even know of: Of course they did! Had these dealers done this, they would have found that we are liquid up to close to $3M, which will buy a good number if new C8s, if I could just get one in my hands and know that I liked it.. So if you know of a dealer within 100 mikes of Durango Co with a C8 I can test drive, or from whom I can order one on an approval/refund basis, PM me. Because I can’t find one!

Last edited:

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can probably flip it for a profit. If it isn't for you, then it isn't for you.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Dole, you’re in Durango right? Take a day trip and drive to Denver...test drive one and then take your wife to dinner. It’s what, 300 miles to Denver? Take the Benz and enjoy the drive.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Yeah, it is 300 miles to Denver, but half of that is on really bad roads. Last time we made the trip by car it was in a friend's Bently at 100 mph, when possible. It took eight hours. I don't want to do that trip via car ever again. It looks like an easy one on the map, but it isn't. Our best shot at a large city is to Alburqueque, which is maybe 3 1/2 hours via fast car (disregarding speed limits). But to go from CO to NM involves a quarantine time now, so nobody goes there. I guess we live in bumfu\*ck, and we kind of like it that way. A lodge brother owns the Chevy dealership here, and I called a salesman there about a C8 a year ago with no response. I'd talk to that owner at the lodge, except that the lodge is closed due to the pandemic. I supose it is like I told a neighbor some time ago. Nobody "needs a Corvette". We may "need" another types of vehicles, but nobody "needs a Corvette". And I really don't "need" one. It might be nice to have one (if I ever got to drive one and liked it) but I don't need one.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is 300 miles to Denver, but half of that is on really bad roads. Last time we made the trip by car it was in a friend's Bently at 100 mph, when possible. It took eight hours. I don't want to do that trip via car ever again. It looks like an easy one on the map, but it isn't. Our best shot at a large city is to Alburqueque, which is maybe 3 1/2 hours via fast car
Mountain roads really do make a big difference.
I drove straight-through from LA to Denver in my '03 Tundra. That was a hard 15 hour trip.
But crazy to think that Durango to Denver takes half that time.

On the way home, I came out of the Eisenhower Tunnel into a heavy snow storm... ice building up on the sides of the truck, had to slow way down, and ended up spending the night in Grand Junction.

Latest Threads