BYOC Envelope Filter?

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Hey there...I have a lead on one, already built. I know BYOC parts are top-notch, but I've never played on their envelope filter. Long shot here-has any one played one of these?

TheWelder

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the envelope filter personally, but I've built a few BYOC kits and they are all fantastic. The RAT clone of theirs I built can sound exactly like my big box RAT reissue...but has switchable clipping diodes and a presence knob so it does so much more.

Based upon my experience with their products, I'd be willing to be the envelope filter is really solid.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I don't have experience with the envelope filter personally, but I've built a few BYOC kits and they are all fantastic. The RAT clone of theirs I built can sound exactly like my big box RAT reissue...but has switchable clipping diodes and a presence knob so it does so much more.

Based upon my experience with their products, I'd be willing to be the envelope filter is really solid.
Never tried a build, but ended up with two BYOC pedals in a trade. The tremolo is very simple, just a depth, rate and volume control. However, it is very smooth and not choppy at any setting. The ‘Leeds’ Superfuzz is hissy, spitty madness and is fabulous for 60s sinister riffs.
However, I’ve read some reviews on their envelope filter and it doesn’t sound like what I’m after. I want the Q-Tron sound, and the BYOC has a smoother effect, like the DOD FX25. I’m after some serious quack and over the top effect.

TheWelder

Reaction score
Yeah, if you’re going for the Q-Tron / MuTron III thing, the BYOC is probably not what you’re looking for.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I don't even know what to do with an envelope filter lol
It’s similar to an autowah effect, but it works off the dynamics of your playing. The harder the pluck, the bigger the quack.

I ended up with a Micro Q-Tron. As usual, Andy makes it sound amazing! I’ve been playing mine since I got it last week.

redking

Reaction score
It’s similar to an autowah effect, but it works off the dynamics of your playing. The harder the pluck, the bigger the quack.

I ended up with a Micro Q-Tron. As usual, Andy makes it sound amazing! I’ve been playing mine since I got it last week.
Ahh - so a RHCP box!

Latest Threads