BYO guitar kits

JonMan94

Reaction score
are they any good?

im planning to maybe buy an explorer kit from them after i get a job at publix this summer. :slash:

leftylover

Reaction score
the look good, i would change pickups and tuners, but other than that they look great. and theyre real cheap too compared to other ones ive seen that cost as much as the fully assembled brand name version.

mrpesca

Reaction score
The LP kit is a flat mahogany body, no carve, no maple, Junior style and the neck LP style but it should build a playable machine.

bfcg

Reaction score
Odds are that once you build the first one, you will want to build another and maybe more after that. It is a very common scenario.
The kit is a good introduction. You will learn from that kit no matter what.
If nothing else you will get your feet wet on the finishing process.

JonMan94

Reaction score
i know.......

and also, after i do get that job, i may hotrod my jackson that pictured somewhere here.....

StaticRick

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently got the BYOGuitar Junior Kit. The body was such a ridiculous shape that he sent it back. I was able to take the picture below before he packed it up. It may have made a perfectly fine guitar for the money, but I'm not sure that they should call it an LP Jr. Pictured next to an R9 for comparison.

ihavenofish

Reaction score
aparently the byog guy said this was a factory screwup (how?!) and future runs will be the correct shape.

mattinthehat7492

Reaction score
i got the old explorer kit from them, body shape was off so i decided to customize it and turn it into the Van Halen Shark. The kits are actually decent, a good setup and its pretty damn good.

Indyclone

Reaction score
poor QC on that one... lol it looks like you took a pic of it in a curvy carnival mirror

Indyclone

Reaction score
not that I had really looked that hard, but that's the first junior kit I've seen for sale.... I'd be interested if the body were a lot closer to the real thing...

JonMan94

Reaction score
its looks nice... and also can be routed for a neck p-90....

Latest Threads