BYO "59" Kit... Review?

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you know I will buy a kit and then prattle on about it's quality

Like here: BYO Les Paul Guitar Kit | Product Review | Not Right In The Head

And here: Bulldog Guitar Bodies | Les Paul Kit Review | Not Right In The Head

Etc...

Question is: Would anyone like to see an independent review of this BYO Guitar Kit? BYO Custom Shop '59 Body - Guitar bodies and kits from BYOGuitar

I ask because again I got an S-load of questions about this kit when all this stuff was on my other blog.

ShelbyDude

Reaction score
I'd love to see a review. I've actualy been looking at that kit since they announced it.

By the way, loved your other reviews. I'm now considering a Bulldog solid top as well.

GBLEV

Reaction score
Good review, it looks like you did a pretty good job on that finish, and shaping the headstock. Nice choice of color. That looks better than a lot of those Chineese fakes on e-bay. Job well done.

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love to see a review. I've actualy been looking at that kit since they announced it.

By the way, loved your other reviews. I'm now considering a Bulldog solid top as well.
This particular Bulldog was really a nice one for sure. I had an LP-S is my hands as well that looked pretty good too (had two flaws that I wasn't willing to put up with and shot it back... Talked about that there as well).

I have heard some negative stuff about Bulldog Kits though so perhaps it's hit and miss? IDK.

I may trip into one of these BYO kits though... Someone may have me help them build one but I don't want to commit just yet unless there is a lot of excitement about it...

My prior experience with BYO wasn't exactly a pleasant one :rolleyes:

aeronius

Reaction score
I would love to see a review of this kit. I've spoken with them a few times about this particular kit and every time they've been helpful and willing to answer my questions, show me pictures. They seem very enthusiastic about the kit, and based on my conversations, they'll do it whatever way you want (choose your top, custom style binding, ebony fretboard, etc.). It may not be vintage-accurate, but if it's a nicer kit than what's currently available in that price range, then it might be worth a look.

Bandit79

Reaction score
I'd like to see it, as I'm interested in purchasing a '59 neck. I've seen your other reviews and know you're not being biased.

Archer

Reaction score
What a coincidence. I just sent a message to the BYO guys asking them if they would lower their prices to something closer to Precision. The quality seems to be similar but the price difference is $300. Hey, it never hurts to ask.

They would do better business in this economy if they took less of a profit I think.:hmm:

Latest Threads