Bye, bye Gibson

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that Fender is acquiring Gibson, and the headstock shapes on Les Pauls will be changed, except by special order.

I overheard this at Guitar Center today. These 2 kids, about 14 years old, were blasting out Smells Like Teen Spirit. They took a break and that’s when I overheard this news! Amazing right?

I was going to try to get more info, but they went right into an awesome version of Sweet Child O Mine and I never had the opportunity to ask.

Attachments

The General

Reaction score
Honestly though, you gotta be happy that 14 year olds are playing guitar. Dying breed, since current young people music doesn't use the actual instrument.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't take time to teach them Stairway though. Proper guitar store music!!!

redjunior

Ooooh, the colors....
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that Fender is acquiring Gibson, and the headstock shapes on Les Pauls will be changed, except by special order.

I overheard this at Guitar Center today. These 2 kids, about 14 years old, were blasting out Smells Like Teen Spirit. They took a break and that’s when I overheard this news! Amazing right?

I was going to try to get more info, but they went right into an awesome version of Sweet Child O Mine and I never had the opportunity to ask.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score

:rofl: :applause:

PeteK

Reaction score
Anyone remember the thread a few years back about the guy who had to "cut his throat", meaning show up some poor kid trying to impress his girlfriend at guitar center? I dont know why i just thought of it, but it made me chuckle

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m good. I’ve only got two of em now and I’m in em both right.
Thanks for sharing!

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone remember the thread a few years back about the guy who had to "cut his throat", meaning show up some poor kid trying to impress his girlfriend at guitar center? I dont know why i just thought of it, but it made me chuckle
Then there was the thread about how some guy at GC "overheard" some kid's dad being an asshole, and the guy swooped up and hero'ed the place.

-which we found through analysis and common-sense to be utter BS. The guy was lying to us.

sk8rat

Reaction score
if I recall correctly he said the kid was blaming the guitar for his sh*tty playing so the guy picked up the same guitar and said sounds fine to me or something like that.