Buzzing, Noise issues on Fat Telecaster

p90rules

Reaction score
So I'm having some buzzing, crackling noise issues on my Warmoth Fat Telecaster. The selector switch is particularly noisy when I'm changing pickups... I'm wondering whether to just buy a new harness, but not sure what pot values will be best for a humbucker/ single coil mix. I have SD 57 Humbucker in the neck and SD Broadcaster in the bridge with a 4 way switch, but thinking of going to 3 way switch for ease of use. Also I've tried switch cleaner without success... Any comments or suggestions very welcome guys.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
So I'm having some buzzing, crackling noise issues on my Warmoth Fat Telecaster. The selector switch is particularly noisy when I'm changing pickups... I'm wondering whether to just buy a new harness, but not sure what pot values will be best for a humbucker/ single coil mix. I have SD 57 Humbucker in the neck and SD Broadcaster in the bridge with a 4 way switch, but thinking of going to 3 way switch for ease of use. Also I've tried switch cleaner without success... Any comments or suggestions very welcome guys.
:photos:always help... could be a cross-moginated ground somewhere ...

I would try a 500K pot for the hummer. Worse case the single will be too bright for your liking. But maybe not.

Any less would likely darken the hummer a bit, but you may like that too. It can't hurt to try.

Ultimately you could go with a 500K pot and strap a 500K resister across the single to drop it to 250K and that would leave the hummer at 500K.

Just my 2 cents.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
selector switch is particularly noisy when I'm changing pickups...
Fix the common racket causing crap first... Usually just kank, dirt, and/or oxidation...

DeOxit or other contact cleaner.... I use DeOxit D5.... Spray switch and work it back and forth thru all settings......

I spray a dab in the pot openings and work those... Pretty much one & done....

Then take a Qtip, wet the end with D5 and clean inside the barrel of jack...

Latest Threads