Buzz commig fromt the bridge

Gwyddion

Reaction score
Hmmmm :hmm:

If you set the stop-bar slightly higher, does it still rattle?

Did you try touching the neck pickup while strumming to see if that was causing it? (encountered that one once, strangely enough)

Did you try strumming it while you were holding the adjusting wheels on your bridge?

ddh101

Reaction score
There's only so many things it could be and you've covered most of the obvious ones. Make sure the pickup ring screws are snug. Really, make sure every screw on the entire guitar is snug.

There's an outside chance that it's coming from the ground wire that comes from the lower bridge insert to the control cavity. If not snugly fitted next to the insert it may vibrate. Also, are both bridge inserts fitted properly and tight? Some guitar don't like some string brands. Have you tried a couple of different brands? My last WAG is that there is a loose nut (or something else) on one of the pots inside the control cavity that's vibrating and transmitting a buzz to the top sounding like the bridge.

Good luck

Rockie

Reaction score
Reviving this thread unfortunately... Dheesh, 5 years later. Still having the same trouble. :/ which is why I don't play this cool guitar. So what I did:
- had a luthier install a new nut, decently filed.
- guitar had a complete frett dress.
- original bridge saddles were fixed with a drop of clearcoat.
- still bridge buzz.
- changed the bridge to a Tonespro.
- still buzz, clearly around the bridge zone. When I play 12th fret G, it is ridiculous, it is not fret buzz.

I'm about to pull my hair out with this guitar.... :/ only thing I didn't try is wrap the strings around the tailpiece the other way round...

Any other ideas? Thx!

hey! Did you ever solve the buzzing issue?

IronHeadSlim

Reaction score
My 2021 60s LP Std had a sitar buzz on the high e. It was a filing burr on the saddle slot. Wicked it off with a nail file. All better!

Latest Threads