Buzz coming from guitar?

xBryan15

Reaction score
I asked about this before. I have a 2011 Gibson Les Paul Tribute and it has a pretty hard hum. Now what confuses me is, its only sometimes. One day I get home from school it has no hum. I suspect it still has something wrong with it as its louder a bit louder then my squier strat which cost a no money at all but that could be normal. But then the next day its making the loudest BUZZ ever. Sometimes touching the strings and moving it around silences it a tinnyyyy bit and then sometimes its so low moving and touching the string it isn't needed or it doesn't make a difference. I took it for a setup and told him about the problem. He shielded the main cavity but it did nothing. I tried the lights in my house, nothing. What can it be? I will probably have to pay more to have it checked out just wanted to know if anybody knew anything before I take it.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
sounds like a loose ground somewhere.

maybe the wire that runs up to the bridge?

funny that he'd just shield the cavity without first finding the root of the problem.

questionman

Reaction score
Do not pay a penny until you have discovered the problem and a possible solution.

The most likely is something is not grounded. Bridge, pickups, switch or jack. I would check all those first and compare with online pictures to see if everything is wired up good.

If that happens to be the problem, it is a simple solution of resoldering the wire to where it should be.

Reaction score
I remember your other threads. That guitar has been around the block and back with people modding it that had no idea what they were doing.

Wild ass guess? Installation of those chrome pickup covers on the P-90s.

Second wild ass guess? During paint and mods, the ground wire from the bridge was compromised.

Liquid State

Reaction score
I had always assumed my buzz when playing guitar was coming from the beer.... hmmmm. Since it is the weekend I will have to wait until next week to look into this more.

xBryan15

Reaction score
I remember your other threads. That guitar has been around the block and back with people modding it that had no idea what they were doing.

Wild ass guess? Installation of those chrome pickup covers on the P-90s.

Second wild ass guess? During paint and mods, the ground wire from the bridge was compromised.

Well i'm the only one that has changed the guitar, but it not the covers as it had the buzz before i sent it in to get painted.

Latest Threads