Buying Wireless Cables

Raxef

Reaction score
So, I was thinking of getting a wireless cable for my guitar, not only to "free myself" up on stage, but also to eliminate the jumble of wires that I have to deal with, on stage, in transport, and in my room.

What is your opinion on wireless cables, and which do you recommend, and why?

Adwex

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just got a wireless system recently for the same reasons you want one. I'm really tired of getting the cable tangled around my feet, my pedalboard, the bass players cable, etc. The best advice I can give is.....

Don't get a cheap one. You'll probably be sorry if you do.

After reading reviews, and checking prices, I chose the X2 Digital Wireless system..the rackmount version.

Buy Line 6 X2 XDR95 Digital Instrument Wireless System | Instrument Wireless Systems | Musician's Friend

They make 2 cheaper non-rackmount versions too:

Buy Line 6 X2 XDS95 24-Bit Digital Instrument Wireless System | Instrument Wireless Systems | Musician's Friend

Buy Line 6 X2 XDS-PLUS Digital Wireless Instrument System | Instrument Wireless Systems | Musician's Friend

All the reviews I read said that these units sound just like a cable...my highest priority. I only have 2 complaints so far:

1-The transmitter eats batteries quickly...I get about 4 hours or so, almost 2 rehearsals.

2- The "door" to the battery compartment is kinda flimsy, I'm worried it'll break off someday.

There are better, more expensive units (Sennheiser comes to mind), but the really good ones are big bucks.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
If you go cheap on your wireless you will regret it if you use it regularly.

Latest Threads