Buying from Buyee - advice needed!

Hydra19

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to shop through Buyee? I have signed up and after finding a guitar I purchased some points, but was outbid and now I cannot seem to find anything I like, It also seems they don't want to ship guitars containing Mahogany or ebony, making the choices for a Les Paul or a superstrat really hard. At this point, I'm thinking to just buy a fender I can sell. It seems there were a lot more guitars like ESP's before, now I can hardly find any. Isn't Yahoo Auction a good place to find used guitars?
I was looking for an ESP KH bolt-on but there are hardly any ESP's out there, just Edwards and Grassroots, a lot of Grassroots

Last edited:

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
My 2cents - I have used most of the services since I started doing it 15 years ago. Buyee is my least favorite. They have a nasty habit of sometimes putting your guitar in whatever enormous box is lying around and then expecting you to pay 100's of dollars in shipping. I like Rinkya best. Best boxes and packing material and $40 fee if its 40,000 yen or more. and unlike Jauce you don't pay until you win the auction.

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Don't use buyee.

danlunatic

Reaction score
Don't use buyee unless you have a backup plan.

They are randomly refusing to ship guitars. Then you have to figure out how to get it out of japan.

Latest Threads