Burstbucker Appreciation Thread

Todd68

Reaction score
For the longest time I would just yank the stock PUs out because, well ....... that's what I did. I was forced to really rethink those decisions. Even when a guitar came in sounding great stock, I put in something else. Always tweaking, always spending and rarely thinking things over. That's me. I've had some LPs that have benefitted from boutique PUs but some were better off stock with the BBs.

shesrealfine

Reaction score
Boys, I hate to be the dumbass here but somebody's got to do it: are we talking about the BB1 & BB2's that are coming standard in the Historics these days, or some other type of BB, i.e., a Pro or something?

I like mine too and just want to make sure I'm not nuts.

silverkw

Reaction score
I find BB's could be hit and miss depending on the guitar itself, just like any aftermarket pickups.

I don't particularly like the BB's in my R8, but I wouldn't change a thing on my R7 with BB's and Jonesy's wiring kit, it just sounds heavenly.

Reaction score
Is this the only ES model that come with burstbuckers?

BTW, nice 335!!
not sure if it's the ONLY one, but this is the 63 reissue custom shop. as far as i know all of these did. thanks, it is a "lifer" guitar. i'll die with it.

Alvinfan

Reaction score
I love the tops on mine !!! ( Let´s se those monstertops, btw ) I know some of you guys love plaintops, but I am a sucker for a nice RUST TOP :thumb:

jco.1

Reaction score
For the longest time I would just yank the stock PUs out because, well ....... that's what I did. I was forced to really rethink those decisions. Even when a guitar came in sounding great stock, I put in something else. Always tweaking, always spending and rarely thinking things over. That's me. I've had some LPs that have benefitted from boutique PUs but some were better off stock with the BBs.
:cool: I agree; I've changed over a lot of stock pickups, and been better off each time, up 'til now. I have NO interest in changing out the BB's in my R8. They are a perfect match to that guitar. A great mix of clarity/crunch/sustain. I thought that '57 Classics were good when I got them in another guitar I picked up, and never a fan of 490/498 or 496/500 sets, in comparison.

I'd buy a BB3, just because, to check one out.

JenisonShorty

Reaction score
The BB's in my 2011 R8 sound great. I have a set of Darkbursts and Lollar Imperials sitting on the bench, but I'm not convinced they'll sound better, so I'm holding tight and enjoying the ride.

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Now I don't feel guilty for liking the BBs in my R9. Maybe I got a good set, I don't know. They just have a good sound.

Latest Threads