Burny RLG105

Blooterhoose

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have just joined as I am looking to add an Japanese made Les Paul copy to my wee collection?
I have seen a Burny RLG105 for sale but it is difficult to confirm where and when this guitar was manufactured the seller has confirmed that it has a long tenon does this mean it is made in Japan?
Any info or thoughts will be most welcome

Roxy13

Reaction score
Do you have any photos?

If it is a 105 it should be made in Japan as the Chinese ones have much lower model numbers still. The big giveaway for the MIC ones is that they have a serial on the back of the headstock and it always starts with FG.

Blooterhoose

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Roxy13, I have since seen a Burny brochure showing the RLG105 with added text stating it has a long neck tenon am I correct in assuming that this would be Japanese manufactured?
I will try to upload some photos tomorrow

Roxy13

Reaction score
A 105 would be MIJ but you always have people who misidentify what they own/are selling. Not necessarily on purpose though.

For many years now since the MIC Burnys have existed they have a lot of features in common. The same truss rod cover, the same ABR bridge with posts into the wood. I don't actually know if the MIC ones have a long tenon or not as I don't recall seeing any cavity shots for them. But, like I said that FG serial number is the big giveaway on whether it's Chinese or Japanese made.

Latest Threads