Burny ID help

RLC

Reaction score
Greetings, MLP members! Hoping to get some help in IDing a Burny. Pics are from a local CL listing. The routing looks to me like mid-80's Dyna (based on a Dyna-made Burny I already own). Also, the flame top appears to be solid. As shown in the pics, the seller believes the pups to be original VH1's. The guitar's a bit rough - gouge on the top by the jack, non-original tuners, needs a new nut, but I'm thinking about making an offer if it's one of the more rare Burnys. Any help on identifying the year/model would be greatly appreciated!

Burny1.jpg
Burny2.jpg
Burny3.jpg
Burny4.jpg

eborej

Reaction score
Nice looking Burny. Do you know if it has a multi-piece body? Most likely a veneer. Could be a '83 - '86 RLG 60 '59 Model. They had flamed veneer tops.

RLC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've not had my hands on it to personally inspect it, but the seller says the body is 1 or 2 piece. The back is super dark - maybe black (hard to tell in the photos). Here's some more pics.

Based on descriptions/info on Mark Fletcher's (Villager's) site and your comment, maybe this is an RLG 60 “59 model”.
Burny5.jpg
Burny6.jpg

RLC

Reaction score
I’ve decided to pass on it, but if anyone’s interested, it’s in the Dallas Craigslist for $500. Apologies mods if this comment should be in deals or classifieds.

Last edited:

Latest Threads