Burny aficianados, any help?

Gasp100

Reaction score
I just bought a Burny RLG-70 on Reverb. The pups have been replaced with a JB/Jazz configuration, PIO caps and Kluson locking which are all nice upgrades as far as I'm concerned. Supposedly a robust even 10lbs. The ad stated made in Japan, early to mid-90's. I don't see any serial numbers pictured but I'm hoping to see something in the pickup or control cavity when it arrives. The TRC looks right, but that would be easy to replace.
I guess there is no sure fire way to know if it's actually a MIJ 1990's early to mid right?
I think I'll be able to tell the MIJ part just by feel (I used to almost collect these Burny's) but hard to pin a date.
Definitely going to clean it up, get matching plastics, Emerson wiring harness (maybe) and I have a set of SD Antiquities to drop in (maybe) when it arrives.
sozcfo84cv1hqzfnbqk5.webp

Roxy13

Reaction score
When you get it take some pics of the pickup and control cavities. That should narrow it down to the factory and a year range.

Gasp100

Reaction score
Definitely going to take a lot of pics. It was listed as Dyna made early 90's, I hope so because I really have enjoyed all of the Burny LP's from 80's-90's I have owned in the past. I'm a Tele guy (build my own partscasters for gigging), but wanted to bring in an LP style as I have SD Ants I want to install and like a nice project that hopefully turns into a great gigging guitar. We shall see, thank you!

Latest Threads