Bulk NGD, because I spend more time buying guitars than I do on the internet

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Hi.

Long story short, in June 2019 I had 19 guitars and now when my next one comes this week I will have 41. 40 if you don't count one that's in parts and waiting for a re-build, but I do.

Haven't been visiting this site, was planning to quit for many reasons, mental health issues included, but where else am I gonna share my addiction?

So just to put it all behind me, here's every NGD I haven't posted about since December. There were others before that but I kinda lose track.
Note that a lot of guitars I buy are for decorative/historical reasons for sometimes as little as $5.

And if you think I have too many, I don't care. It's my passion, my hobby and what I love and it brings me joy. I am not going to sell them all to buy that super guitar you think is the best.

Omitting the Gibsons because they always get their own NGD, and one is coming next week.

Ranked in no particular order, but my favorite will be first.

1. Epiphone EL-00 (not pro)

Well I always loved the look of 'em but all the ones I tried sounded like cardboard toy guitars and had the playability to match.
I would never pay full price for 'em. Putting it in my country's money (all things here) a new one is around 1600.
One day while browsing for antique guitars I noticed this thing for 550.
Bought it no questions asked, worst case scenario - expensive decorative piece.
Got the best case scenario. Wonderful player, beautiful sound for fingerpicking and it's become my #1 "pick up for noodling" guitar.
Buy date: June 2020

image11(1).jpeg

2. Epiphone Jack Casady Bass

What a Monster of a bass. Sounds great. It only does 3 things, but it does them well.
Playability isn't perfect, but it more than makes up for it in sound and looks. I love this thing. My primary bass since I got it.
Buy date: X-mas gift 2019
image8.jpeg

3. Epiphone ES-335 Pro.
Buy date: May 2020

Well I got a nice bonus in May so I decided to go ahead with my first reverb buy.
Expensive wall hanger.
Absolutely terrible guitar in every way. It looks good, just about it. Needs extensive fretwork, and the electronics aren't too good.
I'll get around to getting it fixed sooner or later. Got it just about playable by myself right now and that's enough.
Serves me right for being cheap and not getting a real one on a payment plan. Sucks to be from a crappy, poor country.
image7(1).jpeg

4. Ibanez PCBE-12MH Acoustic bass
Bought: December 2019

Story: Well I went to the store to buy a Warwick Alien for 12x as much as this thing cost and I walked out with this Ibanez. What a great deal. Great sound and feel.
image9(1).jpeg

5. Squier Classic Vibe 60's Jazzmaster
Buy date: December 2019

Last year I got a Jaguar from the new Classic Vibe series which wasn't so great but I loved the offset body and sound.
The Jazzmaster is "THE" guitar for me. I love it! Pretty great for a budget guitar. Gotta buy a better one at some point.
Wonderful sound, love the electronics, love the tremolo, love the feel, balance and neck.
Just a good purchase. My #1 for cleans right now. Pretty much made my Tele obsolete for everyday playing (sometimes need that twang though so the Tele is alive and well.l)
image6.jpeg

And now the non-players...

1. Circa 1880's German Parlor.
I would like to have all of the pre-war guitars I have restored one day. For now I buy them to save them from "Karen Crafting" projects and to keep them as an amazing piece of history.

Buy date: Arrived this Thursday
image0(5).jpeg

2. 1923 or 1926 (faded date) German acoustic. Buy Date: May 2020.
image5(1).jpeg

3. 1921 German Acoustic. Buy date: May 2020.
image4(1).jpeg

4. 1979 Polish Guitar
Short story... unplayable junk, but has a lot of historical value to me. Was a gift to me. June 2020.
On the hunt for a tuning key like the ones it has... not an easy task.
image3(1).jpeg

5. Norwegian 50's student guitar.
Can't be bothered to take it down for a proper photo. Nothing exciting, so here's a photo behind the display case.
Previous owner had it in Nashville tuning to reduce tension and I kept it that way because it's not a player anyway.
image1(2).jpeg

6. 1970's Polish 3/4 size acoustic.
I have a particular fondness for this model so I found another one (was very hard to find) in a pawnshop for about 15$.
The last one pretty much exploded in my hands when the metal string guide cracked from the tension of standard tuning.
This one is actually playable. Interesting sound.
image2(2).jpeg

That's all, folks!

I DO intend on restoring the decorative ones at some point. Especially the historical ones.

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
For the love of guitar,... absolutely beautiful collection..... :applause:

I would love to do the same.... don’t have the wall space..... I’m not allowed to. :confused:
Thank you!

One day I gotta take a pic of the entire collection.
Was also planning on creating a "commie guitar" thread to show you a different take on guitars, but don't have enough time for proper research and it's more of a book than a thread :rofl:

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

One day I gotta take a pic of the entire collection.
Was also planning on creating a "commie guitar" thread to show you a different take on guitars, but don't have enough time for proper research and it's more of a book than a thread :rofl:
That would be awesome...... European history of guitars is rich history indeed.

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Some of the best guitars made in Europe were made in the Czech Republic and the previous countries in its' place.
I am on the hunt for some "Czech Classics" including a funky looking LP ripoff from the 70s. Usually they are too expensive due to nostalgia, but sometimes deals come up.

endial

Reaction score
Damn. Where are the painted on squirrels and heart shapes and vines and flowers and shlt?

freak

Reaction score
Nice. Notice a good amount of Military memorabilia also.

Latest Threads