Building A Re-Chargeable DC Power Supply?

The Ballzz

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Someone a while back posted about designing/building a rechargeable, battery based power supply for a modest pedal board. I believe he started with a single 12-volt battery and a buck converter. I can't find him or the thread, but I think I'd like to expand on his ideas anyway. I already have a BoxKing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FWK46G/?tag=strattalk05-20

that works "pretty well" and it is quite liberating not having to run a power cable out to the pedal board. It does however, exhibit a few anomalies that I would like to design around. The whole concept is brilliant, I'm simply looking to make some improvements to the implementation!

Here's a short list of what I'd like to address. Please bear in mind that while I'm not an electronics engineer, I'm a mildly skilled craftsman, with a well equipped shop and pretty OK soldering and fabrication skills.

A) I'd like to have at least one or a couple of 9-volt outputs that are well isolated from the others. I'm not sure how to implement such isolation. Most of the outputs can be fairly happy in parallel.
B) At least one 18-volt tap would be good.
C) Having at least one isolated tap be adjustable from say, 7-volts to 9-volts would be important for my true bypass, beefed up wah that can get a bit noisy at 9+ volts.
I'm kinda hoping that someone here might help me understand the isolation design and how to best regulate and engineer such a unit?

Thanks Folks,
Gene

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I have a Burkey Flatliner Pro E that does all that.

pgpmd2fkyowgibhglkma.jpg

The Ballzz

Reaction score
I have a Burkey Flatliner Pro E that does all that.

pgpmd2fkyowgibhglkma.jpg

It only kinda "does all that" as it requires an AC power cord to operate. It is NOT battery powered nor re-chargeable, which negates what I view as one of the biggest benefits of the BoxKing!

On a different note, Burkey's website is sort of odd, as much of the text on the linked and other pages is covered up by drawings/pictures! Also no way to find out the price or where to buy? Maybe I'm missing something here?

I do definitely appreciate the reply, as this seems like a very cool unit!

Thanks Again,
Gene

Latest Threads