Building a jazzmaster and tele

valvetoneman

Reaction score
Hi I thought I'd share current builds in between my paying stuff, I'm on an f style kick at the moment and inspired by John p90 who's not building right now, plus I got to see a host of 50s and 60s teles and strats, they were lovely too

I already had a JM body cut out and a JM neck has been kicking around waiting for the body, I also had the tele neck kicking about waiting for a tele body, I'm going for a whiteguard replica and it's just for me
The JM is going to be Daphne blue with matching headstock, they're both getting aged

I'll post up some pics as I forgot to resize them

valvetoneman

Reaction score
Roundovers are next then body contours on the JM after I get some other stuff out the way first

batleamster23

Reaction score
i love your plunge router fixed to be a pin router, could you share an image of it? thank you, excellent builds :wave:

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jazzmastes are the shit!

This is the "Walk, Don't Run" guitar as the Ventures' Bob Bogle played on that iconic number.

Not a Strat. A Jazzmaster.

I have got to build me one of those..

valvetoneman

Reaction score
i love your plunge router fixed to be a pin router, could you share an image of it? thank you, excellent builds :wave:
I'll try and get a pic done, this is an old small pin router that uses a pedal to lift the table, it used a big Watford motor but they were rubbish, It's not perfect and I've had to get an engineered plate to take the router because it suits my needs better, I'm up one floor so can't get a big pin router up here, I also had different pins made up and oversize to account for run out on the router, now it's really good and accurate, I hate hand held routing and a pin router is best for carved tops

valvetoneman

Reaction score
Jazzmastes are the shit!

This is the "Walk, Don't Run" guitar as the Ventures' Bob Bogle played on that iconic number.

Not a Strat. A Jazzmaster.

I have got to build me one of those..
You also need a thinline, mine has turned out so good, sounds and plays superb, 9.5 to 12 compound radius is the best imo
I'm making a strat at the moment too

Latest Threads