Bugera V22 Infinium 6 years later?

Dr. Ohmtron

Reaction score
hi there fellow Les Paul Players,

i've been reading LOTS and LOTS of very positive reviews regarding the Bugera V22hd amplifiers. great information!

BUT...

all of these reviews were written about 6 years ago. how are your experiences with the V22 Infinium now, after several years of use? i'm a guitarist on a budget looking for a good and reliable amp. i was bassist in the band but since a guitarist is leaving i offered to jump in and take his place but i don't have a lot of money. bought a used Crate120h Flexwave that i've used for about three weeks before figuring out why he sold it. thus i've still got the Crate 4x12 speakerbox and was thinking the Bugera V22 Infinium might be the way to go.

am also considering the EH pedal baby Solid State 100 watt amp.

very much looking for advice. can anyone share their extended experience with the V22 with me? i'd appreciate it a lot.

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the exact same amp, but I have a T50 Infinium. The gain channel is absolute crap. On the clean side, the sparkle is pretty good, and any decent OD pedal can push the thing into blissful breakup.

The thing about Bugera amps is they are known to be undependable. I have already had to have mine worked on, in less than 3 years of service.

On a budget, I would look for a used Fender Hotrod. They can be had for 400 bucks or less, and are true work horses. They sound pretty good too.

Dr. Ohmtron

Reaction score
Not the exact same amp, but I have a T50 Infinium. The gain channel is absolute crap. On the clean side, the sparkle is pretty good, and any decent OD pedal can push the thing into blissful breakup.

The thing about Bugera amps is they are known to be undependable. I have already had to have mine worked on, in less than 3 years of service.

On a budget, I would look for a used Fender Hotrod. They can be had for 400 bucks or less, and are true work horses. They sound pretty good too.
could you tell me what the problem was with your Bugera T50 infinium?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I have an older V22, and I like it very much. The infinium feature makes the tubes last longer, but mine are good after eleven years. The “V” stands for vintage, so the gain channel is vintage only — but good vintage. The good news is that the gain channel takes shred pedals better than any of the many amps I’ve played. The clean channel is rich and full — better than many larger amps.

in addition, I just acquired a G5 infinium head head that has 5W, 1W, and .1W settings. It is good also. At 5W it will blow out the walls. The gain channel is quite good.

I highly recommend the V22. I have gigged with it set on 13W and cut through a too - loud bass and drum just fine.

Dr. Ohmtron

Reaction score
I have an older V22, and I like it very much. The infinium feature makes the tubes last longer, but mine are good after eleven years. The “V” stands for vintage, so the gain channel is vintage only — but good vintage. The good news is that the gain channel takes shred pedals better than any of the many amps I’ve played. The clean channel is rich and full — better than many larger amps.

in addition, I just acquired a G5 infinium head head that has 5W, 1W, and .1W settings. It is good also. At 5W it will blow out the walls. The gain channel is quite good.

I highly recommend the V22. I have gigged with it set on 13W and cut through a too - loud bass and drum just fine.
thanks, Dolebludger.

i was looking at the back (online) and i don't see how to set it for 13w. would you think this is qualified for a 4x12 cabinet, switchable between 4-16 ohm? again, my knowledge of guitar amps is a bit limited since most of the time i've been at home in headphones bypassing an amp. ultimately i'm looking for something that works. like my roughly 20 year old amp for my home stereo. it's worked without a hitch all of this time.

Attachments

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Power transformer. It was replaced under warranty, but there was the travel time and inconvience. It is a good sounding amp, though. No problems since, and I do play it quite often.

Dr. Ohmtron

Reaction score
Power transformer. It was replaced under warranty, but there was the travel time and inconvience. It is a good sounding amp, though. No problems since, and I do play it quite often.
thanks, dmac. your answer makes it sound like it is worth getting repaired if it goes bad. i DO appreciate your time. i think if i buy it i will kick out the extra 16-20 euros for the extended warranty.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Dr. Ohmtron, The 13W setting is obtained by setting the triode/pentode switch on triode. Pentode will give you 22W. Simply stated, triode setting does not use all the power the power tubes have, while pentode does. Triode also gives a bit different tone and attack response, which I like. Just to the right of the speaker inputs there is a switch with three ohm settings for the speakers, which I think will have you covered.

When Bugera amps first came to the US market, they were prone to many problems and failures. The consensus is that these have been corrected, and a longer warranty was added. Three years, I believe.

Last edited:

Dr. Ohmtron

Reaction score
Dr. Ohmtron, The 13W setting is obtained by setting the triode/pentode switch on triode. Pentode will give you 22W. Simply stated, triode setting does not use all the power the power tubes have, while pentode does. Triode also gives a bit different tone and attack response, which I like. Just to the right of the speaker inputs there is a switch with three ohm settings for the speakers, which I think will have you covered.

When Bugera amps first came to the US market, they were prone to many problems and failures. The consensus is that these have been corrected, and a longer warranty was added. Three years, I believe.
thanks a lot, Dolebludger. you have been very helpful.

Latest Threads