Buckethead Signature Les Paul - Desirable?

rifflearner

Reaction score
I was guitar hunting today and found a great shop in town with some really nice Gibsons. They had no problem with me playing to my heart's content, and I got noodle around on a bunch of great classic Les Pauls.

But as I was leaving I saw they had on sale one of the all white Buckethead signature Les Pauls. It was quite a guitar. It's an oversized LP body, all white, and has two red videogame style kill switches on it that I guess Buckethead uses in his eclectic solos.

The guitar was in really good shape. Is there a demand for these guitars? I'm not sure the shop owner fully knew what he had and I might try and snag it. I'm not a Buckethead fan and was wondering are these guitars (small run) considered collectible? Desirable?

integra evan

Reaction score
You dont see them for sale that often. There's one on Reverb right now for $7k.
That being said, there are lots of fakes out there of that one.

jb_abides

Reaction score
Speaking of... this just popped up a day ago.

FKO

Reaction score
Speaking of... this just popped up a day ago.

The Chinese copy of the Buckerhead Jackson V is a joke... I've tried ordering roundhorn V from Jackson (before and during FMIC era) and was always given a 'no' reply. And the original BH Jackson V dimension was much bigger, iirc, Jackson had the actual dimension when i requested the order.

bungle

Reaction score
These guitars demand huge prices. If you can find one for sale.

NTCP8

Reaction score
There was one Buckethead LP Studio for around 1,400USD on a local side here in Hong Kong.

Unlike that trogly guy says, I don't think they are that desirable...

grumphh

Reaction score
Buy a guitar because you want to play it.

Hoping that you make a killing on some obscure "limited edition" model is a gamble at best.
It may pay off big time, otoh, it may just leave you with a guitar that you can't sell, because there is no market for it.
Oversized body + 27" scale + chambered body + killswitches may not be for everybody...

...and no, absurd asking prices on websites are not an indicator of "market value".

I'd probably approach this with the mindset that if it is priced in line with other LP's, then i'd see if the guitar was one i'd like to play and buy it for what it is, if i liked it.
If it then happens to turn into a sought after guitar (or you can find a sucker who is willing to pay an outrageous price), good on you - if it doesn't, well you've still got a cool guitar.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a custom shop version of this aswell as a "studio" version, and their value is really far apart.

FKO

Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a custom shop version of this aswell as a "studio" version, and their value is really far apart.
Yes, there were two versions. I tried ordering the original signature run about a year (or less) when they were released, none was available. However, the current asking price on the used market is not what i'm wiling to part with

Last edited:

jb_abides

Reaction score
Yes, there were two versions. I tried ordering the original signature run about a year (or less) when they were released, none was available. And now the asking price on the used market is not what i'm wiling to part with
Both are in Trogly's video.

MSB

Reaction score
do some homework on it and post pics if you get it

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite what some are saying here, both Buckethead signature models are extremely desirable. I don’t know why, but they fetch quite the premium. That being said, I’d be shocked if it was real. Pawnshops are notorious for hocking Chibsons.

Macronaut

Reaction score
The only thing about this model that appeals to me is the scale length, as I would like to add a Baritone type to what I have. However, there are far more (better) options to fill that slot when you consider the price.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Does it come with a complimentary bucket that I wanna know.

bungle

Reaction score
Buddies unit.
808D4ECB-4E88-41DD-99AE-0A841155753A.jpeg

He just plays the hell out of it. Not so much a collector’s item.
F52263FE-37FA-41B7-BA1E-9E45C511AAA1.jpeg

Last edited:

moreles

Reaction score
Buckethead is a monster player who can be awesomely powerful or just plain funny from one beat to the next. This is an unusual guitar, in terms of scale length and feel, and I doubt that most players, incuding those who ridicule Buckethead, can even handle it.

Latest Threads