Buckethead plays the blues

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
Buckethead,sounds like you've got a Hendrix thing going!Nice can..

GibsonByBirth

Banned
Reaction score
He has talent but I don't trust a guitarist if I can't see his face. But since I can't do better I will GTFO.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
Honestly, the (mass) public will start to actually appreciate his work in no sooner than 20 years. Best case scenario that is.
Are you serious?

The vast majority of guitarists aren't even interested in that wankfest bollocks, let alone the general public.

mcmurray

Reaction score
Are you serious?

The vast majority of guitarists aren't even interested in that wankfest bollocks, let alone the general public.
He's serious, I'll admit though, instrumental guitar music will never be a mass market genre.

Amongst guitarists and instrumental fans however, his popularity will continue to increase.

android13

Reaction score
Are you serious?

Keep in mind some musicians aren't recognized for a long time, sometimes until a while after their death.

Now, personally I don't think that he will reach the great majority because:
1. He's 'weird,' and apparently many people like conformity (so much for rock lol, just look at this thread and forum :lol:)
2. He can't talk, making it harder for him to market himself and his music to the general public (hard to make interviews, srsly!)
3. He pretty much sticks his hand in most things other than the things which are most likely to gain mass popularity (these days), like Alt Rock. At least, that how it seems to me.

Still, screw all that, I like an artist who does what he likes doing and has an avid fanbase. And I personally like his music, too (some of them, at least). Other people do as well. I do find it slightly rude that you call him wankfest bollocks, though. You should stop that.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great BH Video - This guy deserves Cinematography award :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvfzXomK7A&feature=related[/ame]

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I tried to like it but couldn't even listen though the first 2 videos.

A technically good, yet tasteless MORON.

If I was Jimi I would come back from the next world and punch him in the face, maybe his mask would crack.:D

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

If I was Jimi I would come back from the next world and punch him in the face, maybe his mask would crack.:D

Try to get past the shtick, there is no one or 2 songs that are indicative of BH.

A lot of it is experimental and out there, but with a really deep and varied discography there are many great works in there.

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I just do not like him.

I had a shop in Hollywood for years and have seen many Musician's Institute students and graduates.

Players like BH are a dime a dozen. I have seen them come and go. For all I know BH could be one of these MI grads.

At any rate to me he sounds like any other MI guy..........he just has a stupid gimmick.

Sorry I don't share your enthusiasm for him, it is not a reflection nor attack on you.:D

Try to get past the shtick, there is no one or 2 songs that are indicative of BH.

A lot of it is experimental and out there, but with a really deep and varied discography there are many great works in there.
Justin, I have tied to get past that. I have listened to a lot of his stuff. I still don't like him. Nothing personal:D

What's your idea of a tasteful player?
I have seen and done work for plenty of guys I would consider tasteful players. BH don't make that grade.
I understand you dig him, I'll stay out of your thread. :thumb:

mcmurray

Reaction score
^ Fair enough mate.

I will say this, sure, as far as technical playing goes - sure, players like him are a dime a dozen. It's his compositional work that attracts me.

GibsonByBirth

Banned
Reaction score

The reason he wears the mask is to hide his true identity. Everyone thinks him dead and he would like to keep it that way. He is Jimi.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One of my favorites...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH3AsUZvJ0E[/ame]

mcmurray

Reaction score
This better Roman?

BB King's the thrill is gone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsFXFLp8s1w[/ame]

Latest Threads