Bryan Adams Still Rocks.

Nard

Reaction score
Saw him Sunday night in Liverpool and he was brilliant. I've never really appreciated just how good his guitarist Keith Scott is. The two of them played with loads of energy and looked like they were enjoying every second of it. Straight up rock and roll without any fancy gimmicks or distractions. Only downer for me was that my phone died and I didn't get any pics but my son did so I'll post some of his when I get a chance. :thumb:

NRBQ

Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. I'm not sure there is an artist I care less about than Brian Adams. Thinking, well there's Hootie and Blowfish.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. I'm not sure there is an artist I care less about than Brian Adams. Thinking, well there's Hootie and Blowfish.
And yet, you cared enough to post about how little you care.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw him Sunday night in Liverpool and he was brilliant. I've never really appreciated just how good his guitarist Keith Scott is. The two of them played with loads of energy and looked like they were enjoying every second of it. Straight up rock and roll without any fancy gimmicks or distractions. Only downer for me was that my phone died and I didn't get any pics but my son did so I'll post some of his when I get a chance. :thumb:

Yeah, I've always liked him too. Posted this in another thread, but I heard this the other day, and I was surprised on how good it made me feel to hear it again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjjO_lhf9c]Summer of 69[/ame]

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
Say what you will about his sappy, movie soundtrack side, Bryan Adams was a major part of the 80's. He's not all ballads and songs about 69's (possible misplaced apostrophe?).

This song kicks major a$$

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEVuuX-x62c[/ame]

My personal favorite of his:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VZhSkREYBc[/ame]

Nard

Reaction score
Yeah, I've always liked him too. Posted this in another thread, but I heard this the other day, and I was surprised on how good it made me feel to hear it again:

Summer of 69
It always feels fresh no matter how many times I've heard it. He had the audience on their feet belting it out with him. Every band/artist has a classic the gets everyone on their feet and this is certainly his.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bryon Adams is great and for the most part his songs don't sound too dated. Cuts Like a Knife caught my ear because it was a great ballad with lots of guitars and a great solo that wasn't one I would have done. Keith Scott instead of doing a pretty solo goes for a real rock and roll solo, that was cool.

Blues4U

Reaction score
I first discovered Adams when I was in high school. He was the opening act for Journey on the Escape tour.

Me and my buddies didn't know anything about Adams and after we bought tickets, his song Cuts like a knife broke. When we attended the concert, I was blown away by Bryan Adams and his band. That night, his band kicked Journey's lungs out. And Journey was good and at the top of their game.

People can crack on him and his band all they want but for every piece of campy pop crap, there are 10 really good songs. When you take one of his discs and listen to the deep tracks, you will be surprised.

I like this guy and I'm not afraid to admit it publicly.

His songs Run To You and Heat of the Night have some great bluesy guitar in them, every other tune is well written with great Rock and pop riffs.

Blues4U

Reaction score
There was a video of his performance with Roger Waters doing the entire Wall LP in Berlin in 1990-Adams did Young Lust--It rocked!!

I cannot find it on youtube--must have been taken off--

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cause I'm a caring person, and an A-Hole.

:laugh2:

Take note, wimps and snivelers; that is how you do it.

You don't make a 9-page derailment about it, you just up-front tell it how it is.

Well done, NRBQ.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Unfortunately I missed his show here in Egypt...

The airport guys screwed his guitar if you know about the story :D

However, he was kind enough to take it easy and post this statement to ease the anger of his fans in Egypt...

Latest Threads