Brownie

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchasing a Fender BROWNIE TRIBUTE STRATOCASTER is just not going to happen.

Why do I find it extremely difficulty finding a Fender two-tone sunburst finish body that matches Brownie?

Even Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Eric Clapton Stratocaster 2-Color Sunbursts don't look like Brownie

tzd

Reaction score
Why do I find it extremely difficulty finding a Fender two-tone sunburst finish body that matches Brownie?

The Eric Johnson Strat body in Sunburst looks very similar.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grab an early 80s 57 reissue, basically the same thing at a fraction of the price. Same two-tone paint and V neck.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brownie has more of the old school spray with the thick outer body band of black to dk brown and then the sunburst part. I haven't seen Fender paint a guitar like that in some time.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Brownie has more of the old school spray with the thick outer body band of black to dk brown and then the sunburst part. I haven't seen Fender paint a guitar like that in some time.
Looks like the reissue does have kind of a weird sunburst for sure.

pwhite

Reaction score
I built this to be more of a Buddy Holly type 54 but you could do the same. I sprayed my body and neck myself but you could get someone to do it for you. The hardest part is getting a decent grain match. This one is 2 piece Ash.

beerbelly

Reaction score
The real deal from the (then) Experience Music Project, Seattle. Weren't supposed to take photos, but, hey.....
101_2671.JPG
101_2673.JPG

Reactions: tzd

Latest Threads