Broken wrist forces me take a break

BangoFan

Reaction score
I slipped on ice and fell backwards. I used my left hand to brace myself. Two bones broke. Now I can't hold a guitar. I believe my wife has bought me one for Christmas.
IMG_20221202_202245.jpg

nauc

Reaction score
sorry to hear that

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
That really stinks.

I fell about 7 feet three yrs ago, broken the hell out of my ankle but my wrist got it too. Didn't need surgery or even a cast, a piece of bone got tore off and just sort-of floats around in there so it was soft cast/wrap for a month. Problem was I had to keep using it while on crutches, etc because the leg. Anyway....took a while to get decent flexibility back but I got back to playing guitar after a while.

You can recover. Do all you can and more with the therapy. Hang tough.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now ya see why I hate ice!

Heal up man.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speedy healing vibes sent.

Whom

The bell tolls for me
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope recovery goes well for you.

I broke both wrists that way once. Was in casts from Labor Day to Thanksgiving.

Once they were off I was back to normal really quickly. Only long-term effect… can’t do pushups.

Which doesn’t bother me one bit. :laugh2:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
F'n Ice.

Sorry to hear - get well soon!

rogue3

Reaction score
It is what it is...let the healing process begin. Lots of sleep...healthy food. You will prevail.

I had a fall recently, tuck and roll both limbs into the body, i allowed myself to go down when the fall committed my response. i was fine. I have been lifting iron for several months now, that did protect my shoulder, i believe.

From experience, do not react with outstretched hand, to avoid limb injury.

otoh, your reaction may have helped in avoid a head injury, which can be much worse. SDH...sub dural hemmorrage. Those can be life altering. Goodluck!

Fret Hopper

Reaction score
I can feel your pain. I have broken my left wrist 2X and my right once. 1st on the left, no cast. 2nd time I broke the left it shattered the scaphoid/navicular bone. Had to do a bone graft with a piece from my hip. Three months with pins holding it together. Six months in a cast.

Broke the same bone in the right wrist. Six months in a cast too. For a scaphoid break they have to isolate the thumb so you can't rotate the wrist. The cast is mid bicep to the hand knuckles, with the thumb extended.

Latest Threads