broken PM layout

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ever since I upgraded to Premium my PMs are broken and I can't read what's behind the PM box that wont go away. I noticed it a couple weeks ago and kept thinking it would be fixed soon but ... it's been weeks now..

Can't see the PM words behind that box, and no amount of resizing the window or refreshing the page seems to make it go away.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? I have to highlight and copy the text in a PM and copy it into a text file so I can read it.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nope no issues. Maybe something to do with your upgrade.

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does one even send a PM to someone here now? I'm not seeing any option to send one.. to anybody.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How does one even send a PM to someone here now? I'm not seeing any option to send one.. to anybody.

A various of ways...some are

Hover over Inbox, a drop down will show.."start a converstion". (that is the new name for private messaging)

Click on Inbox ...on top right, click "start a conversation".
Click on someone's avatar where a pop up box appears, in there is start a conversation.

Or you can go to the person's profile. Click on Information and down that page is "start a conversation'.

So many ways :laugh2:

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
ohhh it's called "conversations" now.. I was clicking on that but the pages I were seeing made it look like a "conversation" would be published to a user's profile page and be exposed to the public.

what a silly naming convention, when the norm has been to use PM or DM.

chasenblues

Reaction score
I were seeing made it look like a "conversation" would be published to a user's profile page and be exposed to the public.
Someone made that mistake(Thinking he was sending a PM on the users profile page) whilst writing nasty things to/about a mod and was...

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? I have to highlight and copy the text in a PM and copy it into a text file so I can read it.
No probs here, as said above, "start a conversation" works fine for me.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
still no comment, eh?

ever since I became a Premium Member my PM's are broken and no word on a fix?

Can I downgrade my account then? This is really annoying that I have to highlight the text of every PM and copy it into a Text file so that I can read it.

I paid the $20. to help support the site and I feel like I'm being punished for it by now having an unusable PM system. Every PM has that box covering a quarter of the text just like in the photo I posted in post #1 of this thread. Every single PM. That's really annoying. I can't figure out any way to make that box go away.

I don't need conversation info and participants information.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Still Broken

I love how a month goes by and not even a, "We're looking into it."

Really makes me feel like the issue is being resolved and taken seriously. So glad I paid for this.

Last edited:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yes, thank you for bumping me off Premium! Now my PM's work again! I guess I should've started the refund process weeks ago since that fixed it.

Last edited:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
so looking at the first pic and the way it is now, It seem the issue is that with Premium you lose the Ads,..so the text goes all the way from one side of the screen to the other,..but that drop-down box wouldn't go away, so it blocks the text.

so with Premium,..blocked text..

qlmjr5f.png

no more Premium, now I can read PM's again..

pm.png

I like MLP and I wouldn't have requested a refund were it not for the fact this PM issue went completely ignored for a month. And that was after 2 weeks of me not speaking up because I thought surely it would be fixed soon. After a couple weeks I made this thread and waited to hear something,......and waited,...and waited.

So broken PM's and no comment whatsoever from the board owners about a Premium service that basically breaks a feature of the board. Sorry, I request a refund at that point.

Being ignored when you're paying for a service isn't good service. I just wanted to be able to read my PM's.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
funny how Wednesday night when I started the refund process on paypal I immediately lost Premium status,...yet here it is Saturday night and still no refund has been issued.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
PayPal is giving me my money back.
In all this time MLP never responded to any of it, not one time.
Not to the broken PM system.
Not to the request for refund.
None of it, not a single word in almost 7 weeks.

Shameful.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
so looking at the first pic and the way it is now, It seem the issue is that with Premium you lose the Ads,..so the text goes all the way from one side of the screen to the other,..but that drop-down box wouldn't go away, so it blocks the text.

so with Premium,..blocked text..

View attachment 295848

no more Premium, now I can read PM's again..

View attachment 295850

I like MLP and I wouldn't have requested a refund were it not for the fact this PM issue went completely ignored for a month. And that was after 2 weeks of me not speaking up because I thought surely it would be fixed soon. After a couple weeks I made this thread and waited to hear something,......and waited,...and waited.

So broken PM's and no comment whatsoever from the board owners about a Premium service that basically breaks a feature of the board. Sorry, I request a refund at that point.

Being ignored when you're paying for a service isn't good service. I just wanted to be able to read my PM's.
I'm suffering from this issue as well.
Very annoying.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
incredibly annoying. I had to highlight all the text and copy it into a text document to be able to read it.

and you'll notice this thread and issue was completely ignored.

and my refund was completely ignored and not responded to until paypal stepped in and gave me a refund because MLP never responded to them either.

start a refund with paypal, get your money back. As soon as you start the refund process MLP will boot you off the "Premium" list and you can read PM's again like normal.

...then after a couple weeks you'll get your refund, too.

Last edited:

jdto

Pretend Human
Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sucks, man.