Bringing in the New Year from Hell!!!!

PABassPlayer

Reaction score
Last update, looks really good!

Update from Cheryl:

The surgery is done. He is in recovery now. Dr. says he's good for another 20 years. Thank u for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot and has kept me sane. Love you all.

20 years??? I should have this done!!!!!

JChap

Pork Loin Fisted Player
Reaction score
Bravo! All the Best!
Tell him to stick with the rehab.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Haha how old are you dudes to be having these heart issues... the bass drum shit is hilarious !!! I could imagine that soon of screeching tires and then a bass drum exploding hahah...

laugh now...youll be old someday IF you are lucky.glad your buddy is doing better.i lost a friend to a heart attack sunday morning.he was 52.

JChap

Pork Loin Fisted Player
Reaction score
laugh now...youll be old someday IF you are lucky.glad your buddy is doing better.i lost a friend to a heart attack sunday morning.he was 52.

Sorry to hear about your friend. First sentence is spot on!

axepilot

Reaction score
PABassPlayer,

Wow! :shock:

There are great nights, good nights, OK nights, bad nights, and nights that suck..............but yours was a nightmare.

Kudos for getting through it, and my best wishes to your drummer for a speedy and healthy recovery.

This will be a story of lore................

PABassPlayer

Reaction score
So now that we know he's going to be ok...we have about 6 to 8 weeks to get his kick drum replaced!

I'm glad to know that we have to do it, rather if we didn't have to worry about it...if ya know what I mean.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
So now that we know he's going to be ok...we have about 6 to 8 weeks to get his kick drum replaced!

I'm glad to know that we have to do it, rather if we didn't have to worry about it...if ya know what I mean.

PA, real sorry to hear about your New Year's gig. Even more for the drummer. Great news that he is doing better.

He probably will be able to make your next gig. When my mother had a triple-bypass, the following day they made her get out of bed and start walking the hallways. :wow:

As long as your drummer makes a 100% recovery, this is going to be a hell of a story before long. I have to admit, the bass drum incident is pretty damn funny.

Our band had a gig from hell on New Year's too, but nothing as serious as yours.

Best of luck to you and the rest of the guys for everything ahead. :fingersx:

PABassPlayer

Reaction score
We had a band meeting last night to discuss a fill in drummer, and one of my drummers in an old band has offered to fill in, great guy and drummer.

We discussed dates and practices, then went on to the "bass drum incident".
Let me just say that there was about 45 min of laughs and jokes about it and after all was said and done a replacement was located and the entire band is pitching in on it....we're going to make a lamp out of the old one for the practice room.

Lurko

Reaction score
You need to pitch in on a new set of Zildjians for good will.

Latest Threads