Bridport 2014. To record or not?

NimrodPiles

Reaction score
During recent conversations with Phil, an idea was mooted that we record the Bridport 2014 meet on a multitrack. Piles has a digital 8 channel interface and an ADAT machine (or two). We simply put up eight mics and record it all.
3 or 4 of those mics will be output to the PA mixer as usual. We do not need to send drum/bass/guitar feeds to the PA as the venue is so little.

The Piles has a few SM57/58s for the rough and ready stuff, if someone has a couple of extra boom stands for overheads, or a real bass drum mic, we are off and running..

Thoughts gentlemen please, some may not want their "off the cuff" sonic explorations documented for the assembled motley, others may wish the opposite..
Your feedback, of all kinds, is welcome..:D

Phil47uk

Reaction score
During recent conversations with Phil, an idea was mooted that we record the Bridport 2014 meet on a multitrack. Piles has a digital 8 channel interface and an ADAT machine (or two). We simply put up eight mics and record it all.
3 or 4 of those mics will be output to the PA mixer as usual. We do not need to send drum/bass/guitar feeds to the PA as the venue is so little.

The Piles has a few SM57/58s for the rough and ready stuff, if someone has a couple of extra boom stands for overheads, or a real bass drum mic, we are off and running..

Thoughts gentlemen please, some may not want their "off the cuff" sonic explorations documented for the assembled motley, others may wish the opposite..
Your feedback, of all kinds, is welcome..:D
Record my man..It'll be an event everyone will enjoy, even if they can't attend..
Great idea Nims...
:dude:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Record my man..It'll be an event everyone will enjoy, even if they can't attend..
Great idea Nims...
:dude:
I love this idea. Will get a great sound to go with the videos. Hope I don't make to many bum notes. :laugh2::thumb::applause:

Stowburst

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great idea! At last my Off the wall Jazz can be captured on record.. hahha!

Cant wait to see you all nxt year xx

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It will be no hassle Tom. I've got plenty of gear I can bring down with the PA.

Anyone know what the Bridport dates are for next year? I need to get them in the diary early this time - missed it once and not planning to miss it again.

Liam

Phil47uk

Reaction score

Anyone know what the Bridport dates are for next year? I need to get them in the diary early this time - missed it once and not planning to miss it again.

Liam
Hi Liam.
The dates booked for the 2014 meet are the Fri 16th and Sat17th of May..
If we held it a week later it would have been on the bank holiday weekend and not only would there be a shortage of accommodation if not not booked well in advance, but also prices would shoot up.

Really looking forward to seeing you next year.. You are a bloody whizz on that PA stuff...:dude:

sliding tom

Reaction score

Liam
Great! :thumb:

Hope you won't have to work the P.A. and stuff all night long, though.

Looking forard to see you again, missed you last time. :)

L60N

Reaction score
I love you all in equal amounts and look forward with a happy heart to the next meeting. x

Great idea Sir Piles!

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Me too - love the lot of you. :) I'm going to book the Friday off from work tomorrow, and that way nothing should be able to stop me this time.

Liam

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Reaction score
Lucky Phuckers.......I'd love to be at this thing.

It's the 5000 miles, (8000 km's) that's the hold up.
:laugh2:

It's farther for me to get to the east coast of Canada then it is to hop the pond.......sigh.

Hope to make it someday though.

Peace Brothers
:)

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
Ha. I used to play at the Crown once a month until Simon decided he wanted a change. Been meaning to get over to the new jam sessions there, just haven't haven't the time.

AlbionLass

Reaction score
Sounds great. Sadly about as far away from me as it's possible to get while still being in the same country.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Plenty of us travel quite a way for this one - and it's worth the trip. Over the last few years we've had attendance from all over Europe, and even from the USA. And there was me thinking it was a long way to drive from Lancashire first time around!

Liam

AlbionLass

Reaction score
Plenty of us travel quite a way for this one - and it's worth the trip. Over the last few years we've had attendance from all over Europe, and even from the USA. And there was me thinking it was a long way to drive from Lancashire first time around!

Liam
Train fair would be over £100. Not really possible for me I'm afraid.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There will be people from Yorkshire and Tyneside passing Derby on their way down. You could always cadge a lift. I'd offer myself, but Derby's quite a big detour for me.

Just a thought.

Liam

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I would really enjoy us all going to the pub the night before, get to know each other, get a few song ideas for the weekend, and we can chat shit about music and guitars over a few beers.

Also, if you need a place to stay (shameless plug, I'm a barman there) look up the Bridport Arms. It's a ten minute walk from the Crown. Lovely rooms right on the beach, a bit pricey but worth it.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I would really enjoy us all going to the pub the night before, get to know each other, get a few song ideas for the weekend, and we can chat shit about music and guitars over a few beers.

Also, if you need a place to stay (shameless plug, I'm a barman there) look up the Bridport Arms. It's a ten minute walk from the Crown. Lovely rooms right on the beach, a bit pricey but worth it.
That is where everyone will be staying, same as past few years, I believe. Having you as barman could come in handy :laugh2:

Latest Threads