Bridge with 3 1/4" stud spacing?

Jedadiah

Reaction score
I'm on a quest to find a tuneamatic/ nashville type of bridge with a 3 1/4" stud spacing. Not as easy as it first appears. I don't want a drawer full of unused bridges so any help would be gratefully recieved.

I've seen this one at All parts:

Chrome Stud Mount Adjustable Bridge | Allparts.com

just wondering if it's cheap and nasty or cheap and good really!

This one looks ideal, correct post spacing and post threads:

Schaller Chrome Adjustable Bridge | Allparts.com

.....but i want to fit it with a Bigsby so don't know if the string anchor will get in the way, it probably is not removable. The other thing that concerns me about both are that they slip around the studs rather than 'Stud Through'. If i was using a Bigsby, would the pressure relief on the strings and therefore the saddles, allow it to become insecure and shift?

Any ideas chaps, i'd be ver grateful.

njk

Reaction score
Go to axesrus.com in the uk, they have the cheap bridge for £17 and they have individual roller saddles for £2 a pair, they also have locking studs for £4, that is if you've used metric. I've had no probs getting stuff here to Dublin from them, and they seem cheaper than ebay. I assume you have the angled studs from your last thread, I have no experience doing any of the things your asking, and I'm not stalking you accross the board:wave:.............or am I.......no I'm not, honest

Jedadiah

Reaction score
Thanks njk, i'm looking for Imperial (5/16") studs. I think i'm going to go TonePro and get locking studs and i may go for a Gotoh wrap around or Pigtail and just forget about the wraparound bit. Use the saddles to intonate and let the string ends run into the Bigsby. If anything i'm getting educated with this project!

Lungo

Reaction score
Would an archtop style bridge work or would the bridge be too high? It would remove the post spacing out of the equation.

Tune-o-matic_Bridge_For_Archtop_Guitar_sm.jpg

Another option might be the ABM tunomatic with adjustable post spacing. I had an email from ABM with the exact specifications telling me what width it would work on but can't seem to find it. If it's adjustment allows a spread of
3 1/4 that would be perfect.

ABM 2400-G Gold Roller Tunermatic | Allparts.com

Good luck finding a tunomatic style bridge with that post spacing. I don't think the wrap around bridges will work with a Bigsby but it's worth a shot.

Jedadiah

Reaction score
Thanks Lungo, i think i've found what i'm looking for. If i use a wrap around tailpiece i felt that everytime i use the Bigsby, the loss of tension on the strings would allow the bridge to shift which would'nt do; the intonation would be pointless and i'm feeling the archtop bridges may be the same. The loss of tension allowing the bridge to shift.

Then i thought that, if i use Tonepros locking bridge studs, this would ensure the bridge stayed in place when the tension is lifted. Looking at some wrap arounds, the section at the rear of the tailpiece appears to be substantial but one or two just look like regular Nashville/ABR tail pieces so, i'll try one of them and see how we go. I may have to remove the tension bar from the Bigsby but i'll have to see when i get all the gear together. Thanks again for your help.

Latest Threads