hey guys

bridge pickup vs. neck pickup ? :wave:

which of the two produces the tone that is more 'you' ? :D

:hippie:

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yikes...I can't pick any of those three.:confused: It just depends on the tone I want for certain styles. For slower blues stuff, neck. For more agressive lead stuff, bridge. I only seem to use the middle when I'm on clean. And none of those do I use more than others...so...ya know. :)

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I Definitly find myself on my Neck pickup with either my main two LP's or My Strat , when I do go to my rear/ treble- bridge, its normally dialed tone wise back to at least 7 , In the middle I open the bridge back up and balance more with the volume knobs

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
By a "blend of both", do you mean the middle setting?

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I Definitly find myself on my Neck pickup with either my main two LP's or My Strat , when I do go to my rear/ treble- bridge, its normally dialed tone wise back to at least 7 , In the middle I open the bridge back up and balance more with the volume knobs
Interesting...I actually scoop the tone a tad when I'm on the neck PU instead. :)

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I actually scoop the tone a tad when I'm on the neck PU instead. :)
When you are in the middle, the changes using volumes. vs tone knobs is far smoother , less abrupt Though I am still waitin on my new caps and I am gonna totally re wire vintage style , Caps are Sprague Black Beauties , we shall see what happens then could alter things alot

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I really like to blend'em,although you cant beat a dimed bridge for REALLY DRIVIN' HOME A STATEMENT!!:naughty::rofl::slash:

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i think i'm more for the bridge pickup.. :D

i'm just a sucker for that smooth, sweet, warm tone :thumb:

:wave:

LesPRS

Reaction score
smooth, sweet, warm tone,
neck pup bro...
Heh, beat me to it.

In regards to the poll, thats like choosing between vanilla and chocolate. If I HAD to choose one to use for the rest of my life it would be the bridge. But there is no way I would ever use just one.

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Heh, beat me to it.

In regards to the poll, thats like choosing between vanilla and chocolate. If I HAD to choose one to use for the rest of my life it would be the bridge. But there is no way I would ever use just one.
i agree...

flameburst

Reaction score
I use both, and twiddle controls to get the desired tone. I usually switch between pickups when playing a solo. The middle setting is best I find for rythym playing. My favourite sound is from the front pickup, but playing live, sometimes you have to hit the back pickup to cut through the dastardly noise the rest of the band makes !

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Heh, beat me to it.

i know dude.. me too... i mean, it's not like i said on the poll: "if you had to choose one for the rest of your life, which would it be?" .. what i said was, which one produces the sound you prefer :D

:wave:

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I guess I use the bridge more than the neck but I'm constantly switching between the two or combining them in the middle position .. With my new DR V's I get a great Jimmy Page at MSG 77 tone with both pups on 10 and mixed !!

Mikeeeeh

Reaction score
I do use both bridge and neck pups... but I guess I do find myself using the bridge way more... again as said above, depends what kind of tone you're after at any given time...

rkaynan

Reaction score
I'm all over the place depending on the tune I'm on. I'm often switching during tunes too.

Latest Threads