Bridge Pickup For An LP

73roadrunner

Reaction score
So I recently got screwed on a Dirty Fingers, so now I'm looking for another bridge pickup to go in my Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a 57 Classic in the neck position. Someone has offered me a PRS 245 Treble for 75 shipped, I've also been offered a late 70's/early 80's Dimarzio Super Distortion. I'm also interested in the PRS Dragon II, Seymour Duncan Slash Alnico Pro II and the Dirty Fingers. I know how the Gibson/Duncan/Dimarzio will act because they're all good choices for a Les Paul but what I'm really curious aboutis how the PRS pickups would be.. Any input folks? :hmm:

sasquatch

Reaction score
So I recently got screwed on a Dirty Fingers, so now I'm looking for another bridge pickup to go in my Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a 57 Classic in the neck position. Someone has offered me a PRS 245 Treble for 75 shipped, I've also been offered a late 70's/early 80's Dimarzio Super Distortion. I'm also interested in the PRS Dragon II, Seymour Duncan Slash Alnico Pro II and the Dirty Fingers. I know how the Gibson/Duncan/Dimarzio will act because they're all good choices for a Les Paul but what I'm really curious aboutis how the PRS pickups would be.. Any input folks? :hmm:
That's the one you want.

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
Dimarzio Super Distortion..

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a WB Fire-Water bridge I'll sell you. :D Killer pickup.

BB

Diocletian

Reaction score
Can you cover a Super D?
I don't know about that - you'd be better asking on the Seymour D forum (if you still go on there).

I always wondered if you could change the hex poles for one row of screws and then fit a cover. Don't know if it's possible or how it would affect the tone, but if I were you I'd go for the A2Pro in the bridge. You want those Steve Clark tones right? That'll get you closer than a Super D, awesome pickup though that is.

73roadrunner

Reaction score
I don't know about that - you'd be better asking on the Seymour D forum (if you still go on there).

I always wondered if you could change the hex poles for one row of screws and then fit a cover. Don't know if it's possible or how it would affect the tone, but if I were you I'd go for the A2Pro in the bridge. You want those Steve Clark tones right? That'll get you closer than a Super D, awesome pickup though that is.
The Slash AP2?

BB tempted me with some WB's:hmm:

theMETALone

Reaction score
Dirty Fingers are freakin awesome and so is the Super D!!
:hmm:
I've been tryin to decide between those two for my Standard myself actually

Mattdive

Reaction score
The Dimarzio Super Distortion is a great pup for a LP in the bridge. The Duncan JB is also a great move. The Duncan Pearly Gates is another great choice. Other than that, try a Burstbucker 3.
FWIW, Stewart MacDonald sells some P.A.F. clones for way less $ than the name brand stuff, but they sound incredible. I have the overwound version in the bridge position of my MIK LP Classic and I like it better than the JB.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yo 73', you should really also consider something from Guitarforce. I love my Rebel II's in my LP, and am looking forward to checking out some of their other pups.

Also, definitely check out the Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups. AWESOME demo's and sounds out there on Youtube and such. I'd love to try one of these myself.

sasquatch

Reaction score

73roadrunner

Reaction score
I'm really lookin at the WB Fire-water & ********s, but I'm not sure which I would like more:hmm:

Latest Threads