Brian Ray Collection '57 GT, '59 Burst, etc.

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
Very nice '59 burst featured.

Brian spent 14 years as guitarist and musical director for Etta James, and over 17 years splitting both guitar and bass duties for Sir Paul McCartney.

Over the course of his 40 plus year career, Brian has amassed an incredible collection of some of the world’s rarest vintage guitars. Brian is such a fan of Gibson guitars, he even had a Les Paul shaped infinity swimming pool added to his desert home.

Attachments

Chap79

Reaction score
Just to be picky...too much reverb on the electrics at the beginning. Awesome collection though!

jkes01

Reaction score
Just watched this earlier today. Another amazing collection. Was surprised he did show the EB short scale bass I’ve seen him use. I am sure glad Mark shows non G guitars. It shows that these guys truly love guitars, not just Gibsons.

judson

Reaction score
love seeing collections like that from guys that still get excited seeing and collecting vintage guitars

they still have GAS and they are fortunate to have the funds and access to the top end stuff

very cool :h5:

moreles

Reaction score
He's a bright, interesting, super-professional musician, too, and a good guy. I enjoy how much he loves guitars, and I love his non-elitist attitude.

RAG7890

Reaction score
That Shoreline Gold Strat was owned by a good friend of mine for many years...............Rumble Seat Music sold it on his behalf to Brian. That Strat is a super clean example.

:cheers2:

Last edited:

d1m1

Reaction score
Anybody knows what Maestro amp that is?

Last edited:

Rorer714

Reaction score
Very nice '59 burst featured.

Brian spent 14 years as guitarist and musical director for Etta James, and over 17 years splitting both guitar and bass duties for Sir Paul McCartney.

Over the course of his 40 plus year career, Brian has amassed an incredible collection of some of the world’s rarest vintage guitars. Brian is such a fan of Gibson guitars, he even had a Les Paul shaped infinity swimming pool added to his desert home.

this was a great story and Brian has some fabulous gtrs, as does Dave Amato who also did a story with Mark Agnesi from Gibson.

jsegel

Reaction score
Why always dirty amp tone? I'd like to hear some of those pickups cleaner!
Also, about that '63 fiesta red P-bass: "Some guy in a pub band in England"???? The case says fucking Glenn Cornick on it!

RedWolf

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the Fiesta Red P-Bass had "Glenn Cornick" stenciled on the case?
Glenn Cornick....Jethro Tull's original bassist!!!
I'm surprised he didn't mention it.
I think he said he bought it off an English guy doing pub gigs. Maybe that WAS Glenn, maybe someone else.